You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| October 31, 2013
Infinity Blade III Gets Its First Content Update: Soul Hunter Quest Available Now
Chair Entertainment has launched its first content update for Infinity Blade III in the App Store. Called "Soul Hunter," the update adds a brand new quest, the chance of earning a new Infinity weapon, a fun holiday helm - in celebration of All Hallows' Eve, of course! - and much, much more. The $6.99 universal app, which first launched in the App Store last month, received the update earlier today. Infinity Blade III's additional quest not only adds a new storyline, but it also brings a new enemy and a new weapon to the game - Oslim the Deathless Bloodmage, who wields dual Infinity Blades. If you beat him, Chair Entertainment notes that iDevice gamers can take the new Infinity weapon for themselves: "Keen-eyed readers will notice that Oslim holds the dual Infinity Blades in hand. Take down Oslim and those blades are yours for Siris to use. Yes – Soul Hunter gives you a brand new Infinity weapon!," the developer explained in a recent blog post. Of course, a lot more besides the aforementioned quest has been added in Infinity Blade's 1.1 update, including a new holiday helm. As we explained in our recent article:
Though previous helms used to change depending on the time of year, “this time, each helm will be unique, so you can wear a pumpkin helm even on New Year’s Day,” Chair Entertainment explains. The Pumpkin Helm is available with the launch of Soul Hunter, and more helms are set to follow. Also included in the update are four new explore quests, which allow gamers to “journey back to past conquests, explore new areas, and stock up on loot,” and a number of more minor alterations have also been made to the app.To get you excited for the update (which is now live in the App Store), we've included a full list of changes made in Infinity Blade 1.1, as outlined in the application's release notes:
Best of all, the content update is free to download and access for Infinity Blade III users. If you haven't already downloaded the impressive game, it's available in the App Store for $6.99 and is optimized for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Check out the updated application now, or for more of our recent news, see: "Plentiful" Stocks Of iPad Air Begin Arriving In Apple Stores Ahead Of Nov. 1 Launch, Today's Best Apps: Fantastical 2, RGB Dots And Freeze It, and Take The "Alarm" Out Of Your Alarm Clock With Today.
- New quest, location, and enemy: Travel to the Metius Observatory to face the Deathless Bloodmage known as Oslim, on your quest to hunt down the missing Infinity Weapons.
- Over a dozen new items for both Isa and Siris, including magic rings, weapons, shields, helmets, and armors to collect, master, and sell.
- New Explore feature! Return to unlocked areas for additional loot and XP.
- 3 all-new Goals, and additional Goal tiers.
- Official kick-off of new ClashMob mode: Trials.
- Halloween Holiday Helm – for Isa and Siris.
- Fully compatible with iOS 6 and iOS 7.
- Adjustments to potion, gem, and forge times based on user feedback + gain more time for completing quests. Purchase additional slots in the Gem, Potion, and Item Upgrade Forges.
- Ability to skip end cinematic, credits, and tutorial section once the game is beaten.
- Adds support and optimization for new iPad and iPad Mini, featuring full screen anti-aliasing, bloom, full screen vignettes, distortion, high resolution shadows, and environmental reflections.
- A number of additional balancing tweaks, bug fixes, and gameplay enhancements for all players.
- Recommended: Update device to the latest iOS version, and restart device before playing.