Watch the trailer
Scan and Save Files in Adobe Scan. Adobe Scan takes all of the guesswork out of scanning your receipts and other documents. It automatically adjust rotation and perspective, and optimizes the image to make the most of the text. The app also offers great retouching tools, and saves your snapshot receipts and other papers to PDF.
Retouch images with ease. It's easy to make the most of your scans. Adobe Scan provides a good set of tools for retouching your documents before you save them as PDF. You can adjust color and brightness, rotate, and crop your image.
Capture Receipts and Other Documents Easily. It doesn't matter what sort of document you're working with, as long as it's paper. Adobe Scan can take a picture of it, orient it just the right way, and let you touch it up before you save it to Adobe Document Cloud as a PDF. Once there, you can open it in Adobe Acrobat Reader or share it with others.
Share Your Files the way You Want. Once you have your PDF, you might want to share it. Adobe Scan makes that easy, allowing you access to the full Share Sheet panel for shipping that PDF in whatever way you want.
What is it about?
With Adobe Scan, you can turn almost anything made out of paper into a PDF. Receipts, notes, pictures, documents, business cards, whiteboards, whatever. You scan your paper-based document, turn on text recognition if you want it, and enjoy a gorgeous PDF that you can touch up, crop, rotate, and adjust color on. The built-in optical character recognition engine lets you reuse scanned content by creating a high-quality PDF you can work with in Adobe Acrobat Reader, and you can save your scans to Adobe Document Cloud for easy sharing. The main drawback is that if you want to make things other than text into PDF files, you have to pay for a PDF Pack subscription.
For those who...
- Have lots of receipts and other paper documents they want to digitize
- Want to be able to use OCR for free
Not for those who...
- Have a portable scanner already
- Have no use for scanning documents
Why we love it
This app works great for scanning text into a searchable PDF. It allows you to quickly and easily import your paper-based receipts, business cards, and other documents into Adobe Document Cloud. You can take just about any paper document and make it digital. That mountain of receipts can become a digital library in very little time. I just wish Adobe Scan didn't force you to make an in-app purchase to turn more than text into PDF files. Then again, the Adobe Document Cloud integration makes the app quite unique, and works well when you frequently (or not-so-frequently) use other Adobe apps.
Adobe Scan is FREE but there are more add-ons
Adobe PDF Pack
App Store Description
The free Adobe Scan PDF scanner app turns your device into a powerful portable PDF scanner that recognizes text automatically (OCR).
More than just a PDF scanner. Use this mobile document scanner to turn anything — receipts, notes, documents, photos, business cards, whiteboards — into an Adobe PDF with text you can reuse from each PDF and photo scan.
HOW IT WORKS:
With the Adobe Scan scanner app, you can make anything scannable. Use the PDF scanner to quickly create a photo scan or PDF scan.
• SCAN. With the Adobe Scan scanner app, you can make anything scannable. Use the PDF scanner to quickly create a photo scan or PDF scan.
• CAPTURE. Scan anything with precision with this mobile PDF scanner. Advanced image technology automatically detects borders, sharpens scanned content, and recognizes text (OCR).
• ENHANCE. Touch up scans or photos from your camera roll. Whether it’s a PDF or photo scan, you can preview, reorder, crop, rotate, and adjust color.
• CLEANUP. Remove and edit imperfections, erase stains, marks, creases, even handwriting.
• REUSE. Turn your photo scan into a high-quality Adobe PDF that unlocks text through automated text recognition (OCR). You can reuse text from each PDF scan thanks to OCR.
WHAT CAN ADOBE SCAN DO FOR YOU?
The Adobe Scan document scanner is so easy and powerful to use, you’ll say, “This is the PDF scanner for me.”
• SCAN ANYTHING, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME. Capture forms, receipts, notes, and business cards with this mobile PDF scanner. The Adobe Scan scanner app even lets you scan multi-page documents and save with a single tap.
• RECYCLE CONTENT. The Adobe Scan PDF scanner makes any content scannable and reusable. Free, built-in optical character recognition (OCR) lets you reuse scanned text and content by creating a high-quality PDF that you can work with in Adobe Acrobat Reader.
• QUICKLY FIND DOCUMENTS IN PHOTOS. This powerful scanner app automatically finds documents and receipts in your photos and turns them into PDF scans, so you don't have to. Automatic OCR turns text into content you can edit and reuse.
• SAVE BUSINESS CARDS TO CONTACTS. Scan a business card and Adobe Scan turns into a fast business card scanner and reader. Contact information will be automatically extracted so you can quickly add to your device contacts — no typing needed.
• GET MORE DONE ON THE GO. Save each PDF scan to Adobe Document Cloud for instant access and sharing. Even lengthy legal documents become manageable and scannable with the Adobe Scan scanner app, which lets you search, select, and copy text. You can also open a PDF scan in Acrobat Reader to highlight key sections and add comments.
• GET CONNECTED. The Adobe Scan document scanner connects you to the world’s best document services that let you do even more with your PDFs. Edit PDF and photo scans, convert to Microsoft Office, fill and sign, and send for tracked signatures.
IN-APP PURCHASE DETAILS
If you want to do more with your scans, you have the option of purchasing a PDF Pack subscription for US$9.99/month (includes Export PDF).
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account upon confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You can manage or turn off auto-renew in your Apple ID Account Settings any time after purchase.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.