What is it about?
You don't have to worry about uploading to third parties with BitTorrent Sync, so there's less risk of security vulnerabilities. The app simply finds the shortest path between your devices, even using your LAN if both devices are on the same network. There are no file size limits, but BitTorrent Sync can be a bit cumbersome to use between your devices and your computer if you don't want to pay for a Sync Pro subscription.
For those who...
- Share lots of files, even large ones
- Want to skip the cloud when synchronizing their files
Not for those who...
- Don't share files
- Don't worry about cloud security vulnerabilities
Why we love it
BitTorrent Sync is a great way to keep your files transferred between your devices. It works smoothly and quickly, and even runs in the background. It's compatible with a wide range of platforms, including iOS, Android, OS X, Windows, and Linux. It even works with NAS devices, which is a nice plus.
App Store Description
Sync is the best way to transfer files between your Mac, PC, NAS, and even server.
Create your own private cloud. Connect devices and sync files securely without sending them on third-party servers. We don’t limit your speed or storage space: our technology works especially well with huge files.
No storage limits
• Sync as much data as you have on your hard drives.
Automatic camera backup
• Sync will back up photos and videos as soon as you take them.
• You can then delete photos from your phone and save space.
Direct transfers, no cloud
• Your information is never stored on servers in the cloud, so nobody can access it without your permission.
• Transfer files directly and fast using peer-to-peer technology (p2p).
Any device and platform
• Access folders and upload files to your tablet, PC, Mac, NAS, and even server.
Supports all file types
• Add photos, videos, music, docs, and PDFs from other apps to any of your synced folders.
• Selective Sync lets you save only the files you need.
To get the best performance and to avoid running up your data charges while syncing folders, we recommend leaving the "Use Cellular Data" setting off.
Note: BitTorrent Sync is a personal file syncing application. It is not compatible with torrent file sharing applications.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.