Check the details on WatchAware
Discover new shows. Castro makes it easy to discover new shows if you don't want to import your existing podcast subscriptions over. Just browse through the categories, check out show descriptions and see the latest episodes. You can start playing an episode right now, queue it up, or subscribe to the show to get all of the latest episodes as they happen.
Night and day, triage to your heart's content. There is a day and night theme in Castro for easy podcast listening and management, even before bedtime. Go through your inbox and review episode descriptions before deciding if you want to listen to the episode and archive the rest. It's a brand new way to look at your podcasts.
Streamlined playback view. Castro 2 features a streamlined "Now Playing" screen where you can view show notes, tap on links, and even bring up a larger view where you can toggle a sleep timer, change playback speed, and pinpoint where you want to scrub to in the audio track.
Tabbed Interface. The new tabbed interface in Castro makes it much easier to navigate and find what you want to listen to. This feature also translates over to the CarPlay display when your iPhone is in your auto.
Subscribe. Finding podcasts to listen to is super easy in Castro. Simply browse or search for a 'cast, tap it, then Subscribe and add either to the top or the bottom of the queue. Then you can play it in the Widget, CarPlay, or the app itself.
Widget. Add the Castro widget to your Home or Lock screen with a tap on the Edit button. Then, swipe left from either screen to see all your Widgets. Tap on any of the 4 - 12 podcast episodes available to start them playing without ever having to launch Castro the app.
What is it about?
A new Apple Watch app will allow users to control podcast playback and choose new episodes from the queue to play.
For those who...
- Need better podcast subscription management
- Like beautifully designed apps
- Aren't satisfied with competing podcast player apps
Not for those who...
- Like unique features from other podcast apps (like Overcast's Smart Speed)
- Don't need a better way to manage podcasts
- Don't want to pay money for access to podcasts
Why we love it
Castro Podcasts supports Siri commands
Castro Podcasts is FREE but there are more add-ons
App Store Description
Castro is a beautiful, full-featured podcast player that makes it easy to track lots of podcasts.
Here’s how it works:
1. New episodes land in your INBOX. Read their descriptions, add episodes you like to your QUEUE, and archive the rest.
2. Press play to listen to episodes from your QUEUE in order. Queued episodes are downloaded automatically.
3. Add to and re-order your QUEUE to plan your next few hours of listening at any time. Browse your ARCHIVE to review your back catalogue of subscriptions, quickly access starred shows, and see your listening history.
With Castro, subscribing to a podcast doesn’t mean making a commitment to listen to every episode. You don’t have manage a huge list of subscriptions or choose a few shows and miss the rest.
- Drag and drop podcasts to triage and reorder your next few hours of listening with Castro’s unique queue.
- An elegant dark mode and thoughtfully designed sleep timer offer the best in night time podcast listening.
- CarPlay support makes it easy to pick up where you left off while driving.
- Apple Watch app to control playback and select another episode from your queue.
- Our servers find new episodes across every podcast, so your phone doesn’t have to, saving battery life and data usage.
- Episode notifications include a summary of the episode to help you decide if it interests you. Play, queue or archive the episode directly from the notification without opening the app.
Castro Plus is an optional paid subscription available for $8.99/year or $2.99/quarter (both include a one-week trial). Plus unlocks a range of advanced features:
- Sideloading allows import of audio files directly, just by dropping them in iCloud Drive.
- Trim Silence — With this option on, the app will analyze audio as it plays to detect silent parts and accelerate those parts. Get through more episodes faster.
- Enhance Voices improves the listening experience for many podcasts and makes it easier to hear in loud environments. Under the hood, Enhance Voices applies a dynamic compressor and a peak limiter to increase volume just where it’s needed.
- Mono-Mix — Mixes a stereo podcast to mono, which makes it easier to hear podcasts that pan some guests on left/right channels.
- Chapter Support: Skipping & Pre-selection.
- Chapter and episode artwork.
- Customize settings per-podcast: Episode Limit, Trim Silence, Enhance Voices, Mono Mix, Skip Intros, Playback Speed.
“Castro 3 is an incredible app.”
— The Sweet Setup
“Castro 3 is everything Castro already was, but better.”
Castro 3 Is a Great Modern Podcast App”
— Beautiful Pixels
“Unlike other podcatchers, Castro's primary virtue is its simplicity and ease of use. The app combines sleek visual design with crystal clear audio.”
— Tom’s Guide
CASTRO PLUS SUBSCRIPTION TERMS
Castro Plus costs $8.99 per year or $2.99 per quarter. Prices are in US dollars and may vary in countries other than the US.
Castro Plus is charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. It will renew on the day before the current subscription period ends. You can cancel auto-renewal any time from the Castro settings screen.
You can switch between the two subscription periods after you pick one, but your trial period will end immediately if you do, so it's best to wait till your free week is over before changing.
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.