Earn your keep. The game has plenty of mini-game jobs for you to take to earn some dough. The controls for each game are unique but they are all intuitive, though the responsiveness could definitely be better.
Debt, bills, and starvation. Life is hard, even in this game. As you're out there trying to make a living, you'll watch as the debt keeps on coming in the form of new bills. Pay off the bills at the end of the month and see how far you can make it before being evicted for not paying rent on time. It's either that, or you starve to death.
Burger flipper. When you're broke, you'll have to take on any job to make some cash, such as flipping burgers. It's just one of the many mini-game jobs that you'll have to take on to earn your keep around here after the first three months of free rent from your parents.
What is it about?
Crap! I’m Broke: Out of Pocket ($1.99) by Arcane Circus is a crazy life management game that hits a bit too close to home for many people, I’d imagine. If you enjoy games that are packed with mini-games, like Peter Panic (http://appadvice.com/review/peter-panic), but like having a slice of life thrown into the mix, then Crap! I’m Broke is the game for you.
Why we love it
The game has a unique aesthetic and is fun to play, even if it's a bit repetitive. The controls do need better optimization though, and the difficulty needs to be toned down a bit.
App Store Description
Set in a Cubist-style world, Crap! I’m Broke: Out of Pocket is a hectic life management game. Do mini-game style jobs (like scrubbing dishes and flip burgers) to avoid eviction and keep starvation at bay. Dodge death... and debt!
- Enjoy a Cubist-inspired game world and a jazzy soundtrack by underground musician Kimono.
- Pursue a variety of careers as dishwasher, human statue, bouncer … and many more!
- Play fun mini-game jobs -- and do whatever it takes to pay those bills.
- Use your newfound disposable income to buy items, unlock perks, and earn new jobs -- spending as wisely or as recklessly as you see fit.
- Save spare time between levels and unlock micro-games.
- Choose and accomplish New Year’s resolutions and collect lifetime memories.
- Be a Good Samaritan and reap rewards -- or misbehave and be met with bad luck -- with an in-game karma system.
- Buy items at the in-game webshop that may grant you perks and access to new areas.