Transform your iPhone or iPod touch into a portable DJ system with djay 2. This app's iPad cousin is the top DJ app available, and the iPhone version is just as full-featured. It integrates with your iTunes library as well as Spotify Premium, and even includes an Automix feature.
Watch the trailer
Check the details on WatchAware
From mixing to special effects. Within djay 2, you can mix and scratch to your heart's content. When you want to liven the party up even more, just flip over to the sound effects panel, and blast your ravers with some awesome ear candy. A limited selection of effects are included when you first buy djay 2, and the remaining collection is available after a $9.99 in-app purchase. If you want to really impress the guests at your party, couple your djay 2 app with a Spotify Premium subscription for full access to more than 30 million tracks.
Two turntables for mixing and scratching. When you launch djay 2, you'll be greeted by a familiar sight if you're a seasoned DJ -- a pair of turntables. Even if you've never spun mixes before, the app is easy to learn and fun to use. You can spin, scratch, mix, and even mashup your favorite tunes. Pull in tracks from your own music library or from the Spotify Premium collection for the ultimate party mix.There's no limit to what you can do with djay 2.
Everything you need to mix great tunes. When you want to customize the sound of your tunes, you need an equalizer. This app has you covered, as it allows you to set the highs, mids, and lows to whatever levels you prefer. Keep the bass thumping or the highs screaming — it's your party. For a boost, throw in some sound effects or play on the drum board. It's time to turn it up!
What is it about?
Seamlessly integrated with both your iTunes music library and Spotify, djay 2 gives you direct access to all your favorite songs and playlists. You can perform live, record mixes on–the–go, or enable Automix mode to let djay 2 create a seamless mix for you automatically. Whether you are a professional DJ or a beginner who just loves to play with music, djay 2 offers you the most intuitive yet powerful DJ experience on an iPhone or iPod touch..
For those who...
- Love playing with music
- Want to be the sound superstar of the party
Not for those who...
- Don't like mixing, scratching, or spinning
- Don't want to spend money unlocking the full effects and features of the app
Why we love it
For playing with your music instead of just playing it, nothing beats djay 2.
djay 2 for iPhone is $1.99 but there are more add-ons
Complete FX Pack Collection
Resonate FX Pack
Juggle FX Pack
Slice FX Pack
Warp FX Pack
Modulate FX Pack
App Store Description
Ready to rock your next party? Introducing djay 2 - the next generation of the world's best-selling DJ app and winner of the Apple Design Award has been redesigned from the ground up.
• “Got a hidden scratch master inside of you? djay will serve beginners and experts.” — The New York Times
• “If you're serious about your party playlist, download Algoriddim's djay.” — The Wall Street Journal
• "djay 2 will blow your mind. And your ears. And your eyes." — iMore
• "Yes, this is the future, and it's here now! This truly is the next step in Digital DJing.” — DJ Mag
djay transforms your iPhone or iPod touch into a full–featured DJ system. Seamlessly integrated with both your iTunes music library and Spotify, djay gives you direct access to all your favorite songs and playlists. You can perform live, record mixes on–the–go, or enable Automix mode to let djay create a seamless mix for you automatically. Whether you are a professional DJ or a beginner who just loves to play with music, djay offers you the most intuitive yet powerful DJ experience on an iPhone or iPod touch..
• iTunes music library integration
• Spotify integration (requires Spotify Premium and internet connection, FREE 7 day trial is available for djay 2 users)
• Audio FX: Flanger, Phaser, Echo, Gate, Bit Crusher
• FX Expansion Packs powered by Sugar Bytes (over 30 additional audio effects available via In-App Purchase)
• Mixer, Tempo, Pitch-Bend, Filter and EQ controls
• Looping & Cue Points
• Colored HD Waveforms™
• Live Recording (iTunes only)
• Sampler with included sound packs by Snoop Dogg, DJ QBert, Milk & Sugar, and more
• Single Deck Mode
• Pre-Cueing with headphones (using Griffin DJ Cable or multi-channel audio interface)
• Advanced time-stretching (Key Lock)
• Key Detection and Matching (requires iPhone 5S or better)
• Automatic beat detection
• iCloud integration to sync metadata
• iTunes Store integration
• Support for Inter-App Audio and Audiobus
• Support for all major audio formats (no support for DRM protected songs)
• Support for AirPlay and Bluetooth devices
• Support for DJ MIDI Controllers: Pioneer DDJ-WeGO3, Vestax Spin 2, Mixdeck Quad, iDJ Live, iDJ Live II, ION iDJ 2 Go, Reloop Beatpad, Casio XW-J1, Philips M1X-DJ
djay 2 for iPhone supports iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPod touch 4th and 5th generation running iOS 7 or later. Auto-gain, wave colors, and key lock require iPhone 4S or better. Key detection and matching requires iPhone 5S or better.