Watch the trailer
Start mixing and spinning. When you launch djay 2, you'll be greeted by a familiar sight if you're a seasoned DJ -- a pair of turntables. Even if you've never spun mixes before, the app is easy to learn and fun to use. You can spin, scratch, mix, and mashup your favorite tunes. Pull in tracks from your own music library or from the Spotify Premium collection for the ultimate party mix. You've got a large collection of jams to mix, so the possibilities are endless.
Create your own setlist or let djay 2 do it for you. When it comes to running a DJ board, sometimes it can get hectic. You can certainly take the time to create your own setlist, but then how can you enjoy the party? With taking requests, making sure there's plenty of music queued up, and switching the tracks, being a DJ can turn into a full-time job in and of itself. With djay 2's Automix feature, you can go completely hands-free and count on the app to do all the legwork for you. Step in when you want or need to, and let autopilot handle the spinning and mixing the rest of the time.
Set levels, beat the drum board, and use sound effects. Within djay 2, you can mix and scratch to your heart's content. When you want to liven the party up even more, just flip over to the sound effects panel, and blast your ravers with some awesome ear candy. If you want to really impress the guests at your party, couple your djay 2 app with a Spotify Premium subscription for full access to more than 30 million tracks.
What is it about?
If you're looking for a full-featured DJ app for your iPad, look no further than djay 2. You get a pair of turntables to mix and scratch on, a sound effects board to liven up the party, and equalizer controls to customize how everything sounds. Spotify Premium subscribers can bring in any of 30 million tracks to djay 2, for the ultimate party mix. If you want to take a break for a while, just turn on Automix and djay 2 will keep the musical juices flowing while you enjoy the party.
For those who...
- Dream of being a DJ
- Love playing around with musical creations
Not for those who...
- Don't enjoy music
- Would rather just let the tunes play than mess around with them
Why we love it
This app provides a wealth of features and options for the aspiring mix-master, letting you become a DJ in no time. With its Spotify Premium integration, djay 2 is a no brainer when it comes to finding an app that will let you please just about anybody's musical tastes.
djay 2 is $31.99 but there are more add-ons
Complete FX Pack Collection
Resonate FX Pack
Juggle FX Pack
Slice FX Pack
Warp FX Pack
Modulate FX Pack
App Store Description
Ready to rock your next party? Introducing djay 2 - the next generation of the world's best-selling DJ app and winner of the Apple Design Award has been redesigned from the ground up.
• “Got a hidden scratch master inside of you? djay will serve beginners and experts.” — The New York Times
• “If you're serious about your party playlist, download Algoriddim's djay.” — The Wall Street Journal
• "djay 2 will blow your mind. And your ears. And your eyes." — iMore
• “One of the most impressive music apps we’ve seen for the iPad to date.” — Engadget
• "Yes, this is the future, and it's here now! This truly is the next step in Digital DJing.” — DJ Mag
djay transforms your iPad into a full–featured DJ system. Seamlessly integrated with both your iTunes music library and Spotify, djay gives you direct access to all your favorite songs and playlists. You can perform live, record mixes on–the–go, or enable Automix mode to let djay create a seamless mix for you automatically. Whether you are a professional DJ or a beginner who just loves to play with music, djay offers you the most intuitive yet powerful DJ experience on an iPad.
• iTunes music library integration
• Spotify integration (requires Spotify Premium and internet connection, FREE 7 day trial is available for djay 2 users)
• Audio FX: Flanger, Phaser, Echo, Gate, Bit Crusher
• FX Expansion Packs powered by Sugar Bytes (over 30 additional audio effects available via In-App Purchase)
• Mixer, Tempo, Pitch-Bend, Filter and EQ controls
• Looping & Cue Points
• Colored HD Waveforms™
• Live Recording (iTunes only)
• Sampler with included sound packs by Snoop Dogg, DJ QBert, Milk & Sugar, and more
• Single Deck Mode
• Pre-Cueing with headphones (using Griffin DJ Cable or multi-channel audio interface)
• Advanced time-stretching (Key Lock)
• Key Detection and Matching (requires iPad Air or iPad mini with Retina display, or better)
• Automatic beat detection
• iCloud integration to sync metadata
• iTunes Store integration
• Support for Inter-App Audio and Audiobus (iTunes only)
• Support for all major audio formats (no support for DRM protected songs)
• Support for AirPlay and Bluetooth devices
• Support for DJ MIDI Controllers: Pioneer DDJ-WeGO, DDJ-WeGO2, DDJ-WeGO3, DDJ-ERGO, Vestax Spin 2, Numark iDJ Pro, Mixdeck Quad, iDJ Live, iDJ Live II, ION iDJ 2 Go, Reloop Beatpad, Casio XW-J1, Philips M1X-DJ
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.