What is it about?
Since Facebook finally did make their official app universal, I would suggest trying this one first. I think it's quite elegant with its gesture navigation and easy Apple-like photo viewing. Find out where your friends are on the Nearby map; or chat them up with the slick chat feature. It is free, and it does feel the "Facebookiest", so I'd suggest giving it a shot. It isn't perfect, and doesn't have ALL of the features of the website (though I expect frequent updates and added features, if history is any indication), but it's quite nice. If you don't love it, there are plenty of other options, so read on.
For those who...
- Enjoy Facebook
- Like social networking and keeping in touch with friends
- Like to share
Not for those who...
- Don't use Facebook
- Don't like Facebook
- Get frustrated with annoying bugs
Why we love it
Facebook is a quintessential social networking app these days. While the app may not be the best in terms of optimization and bugs, it's still a necessity for most.
App Store Description
Connect with friends, family and people who share the same interests as you. Communicate privately, watch your favorite content, buy and sell items or just spend time with your community. On Facebook, keeping up with the people who matter most is easy. Discover, enjoy and do more together.
Stay up to date with your loved ones:
• Share what's on your mind, announce major life events through posts and celebrate the everyday moments with Stories.
• Express yourself through your profile and posts, watch, react, interact and stay in touch with your friends, throughout
Connect with people who share your interests with Groups:
• With tens of millions of groups, you'll find something for all your interests and discover more groups relevant to you.
• Use the Groups tab as a hub to quickly access all your groups content. Find relevant groups based on your interests with the new discovery tool and recommendations.
Become more involved with your community:
• Discover events happening near you, businesses to support, local groups and activities to be part of.
• Check out local recommendations from your friends, then coordinate with them and make plans to get together.
• Raise funds for a cause that’s important to you, mentor someone who wants help achieving their goals and, in the event of a local crisis, connect with other people to find or give supplies, food or shelter.
Enjoy entertainment together with Watch:
• Discover all kinds of content from original shows to creators to trending videos in topics like beauty, sports, and entertainment.
• Join conversations, share with others, interact with viewers and creators and watch together like never before.
Buy and sell with Marketplace:
• Whether it's an everyday or one-of-a-kind item, you can discover everything from household items to your next car or apartment on Marketplace.
• List your own item for sale and conveniently communicate with buyers and sellers through Messenger
Read our Data Use Policy, Terms and other important info in the legal section of our App Store description.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Facebook doesn't run GPS in the background unless you give us permission by turning on optional features that require this.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to email@example.com and your information will be removed.