What is it about?
Are you a Gmail user, but can't get enough of the official web or mobile web interface for Google's email service? If so, then you need the official Gmail app. With Gmail, you can quickly switch between up to five accounts, get real time notifications, search across your entire inbox, threaded conversation emails, direct interaction with Google Calendar invites and even Google+ posts, get flexible labels, and more. If you have always preferred dealing with your email in the Gmail web interface, then this app gives you the best of both worlds.
For those who...
- Use Gmail or Google Apps for email
- Prefer the Gmail web and mobile interface for interacting with email
Not for those who...
- Don't use Gmail or Google Apps
- Want something that is more than just a web wrapper with some bonus features
Why we love it
We mostly use Gmail and Google Apps for our email here at AppAdvice, so naturally we prefer Google's email service above others, and this app makes it easier to manage your email, and you don't have to go through a third-party app that you are unsure of — this comes from Google themselves.
App Store Description
The official Gmail app brings the best of Gmail to your iPhone or iPad with real-time notifications, multiple account support and search that works across all your mail.
With the Gmail app, you can:
• Undo Send, to prevent embarrassing mistakes
• Switch between multiple accounts
• Get notified of new mail fast, with notification center, badge and lock screen options
• Search your mail faster with instant results, predictions as you type & spelling suggestions
• Swipe to archive/delete, to quickly clear out your inbox
• Read your mail with threaded conversations
• Auto-complete contact names as you type from your Google contacts or your phone
• Respond to Google Calendar invites right from the app
• Organize your mail by archiving, labeling, starring, deleting and reporting spam
• Send and receive attachments
• See profile pictures as part of the conversation
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.