Watch the trailer
Check the details on WatchAware
Google Maps. One of the best third-party navigation apps.
Book a ride. If you have Uber or any other supported ride-sharing or taxi-hailing app installed on your iOS device, you’ll see fare estimates and pick-up times when you tap the ride service tab in Google Maps. Just select a service to be taken directly to the corresponding app, all set for you to book your ride.
Search with Spotlight. You can use Spotlight search to find and directly view the places you recently looked at in Google Maps as well as the places you’ve saved in the app.
What is it about?
The major new addition is a commute tab in the app. Along with live traffic and transit information, you can see if the commute is going to be normal or if it will take longer due to an accident or other issue. You can also view alternate routes to go faster.
For those who...
- Are looking for a comprehensive and free navigation app not from Apple
- Enjoy the unique Street View feature
- Heavily invested in Google's ecosystem
Not for those who...
- Don't enjoy Google's interesting and unique UI choices
- Prefer to stay in Apple's ecosystem
Why we love it
If you're looking for a free alternative to Apple Maps, this is the cream of the crop. While the interesting UI might not be for everyone, Google Maps is still arguably even better than Apple's own system and definitely worth a look - especially if you're well ingrained in other Google apps.
App Store Description
Navigate your world faster and easier with Google Maps. Over 220 countries and territories mapped and hundreds of millions of businesses and places on the map. Get real-time GPS navigation, traffic, and transit info, and explore local neighborhoods by knowing where to eat, drink and go - no matter what part of the world you’re in.
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train, or ride-share with real-time transit info
• Save time with automatic rerouting based on live traffic, incidents, and road closures
Discover places and explore like a local
• Discover local restaurant, events, and activities that matter to you
• Know what’s trending and new places that are opening in the areas you care about
• Decide more confidently with “Your match,” a number on how likely you are to like a place
• Group planning made easy. Share a shortlist of options and vote in real-time
• Create lists of your favorite places and share with friends
• Follow must-try places recommended by local experts, Google, and publishers
More experiences on Google Maps
• Offline maps to search and navigate without an internet connection
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
• Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, malls and stadiums
* Some features not available in all countries
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.