Watch the trailer
Check the details on WatchAware
Google Maps. One of the best third-party navigation apps.
Book a ride. If you have Uber or any other supported ride-sharing or taxi-hailing app installed on your iOS device, you’ll see fare estimates and pick-up times when you tap the ride service tab in Google Maps. Just select a service to be taken directly to the corresponding app, all set for you to book your ride.
Search with Spotlight. You can use Spotlight search to find and directly view the places you recently looked at in Google Maps as well as the places you’ve saved in the app.
What is it about?
First up, the popular Apple Maps alternative now works on the CarPlay Dashboard mode. That will show your route in a split-screen view with other information including your music and more.
For those who...
- Are looking for a comprehensive and free navigation app not from Apple
- Enjoy the unique Street View feature
- Heavily invested in Google's ecosystem
Not for those who...
- Don't enjoy Google's interesting and unique UI choices
- Prefer to stay in Apple's ecosystem
Why we love it
If you're looking for a free alternative to Apple Maps, this is the cream of the crop. While the interesting UI might not be for everyone, Google Maps is still arguably even better than Apple's own system and definitely worth a look - especially if you're well ingrained in other Google apps.
App Store Description
Navigate your world faster and easier with Google Maps. Over 220 countries and territories mapped and hundreds of millions of businesses and places on the map. Get real-time GPS navigation, traffic, and transit info, and find what you need by getting the latest information on businesses, including grocery stores, pharmacies and other important places.
Get where you need to go efficiently:
• Find the best route with automatic rerouting based on live traffic, incidents, and road closure
Find important businesses:
• Know what’s open in your area and their latest business hours
• Find local restaurants offering delivery and takeout
• Create lists of your important places
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train, or ride-share with real-time transit info
• Save time with automatic rerouting based on live traffic, incidents, and road closure
• With Live View in Google Maps, see the way you need to go with arrows and directions placed right on top of your world. There’s no second guessing or missing another turn.
More experiences on Google Maps
• Offline maps to search and navigate without an internet connection
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
• Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, malls and stadiums
Some features not available in all countries
Navigation isn't intended to be used by oversized or emergency vehicles
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org and your information will be removed.