iDesign is probably the best app in the app store for vector drawing. The simplicity of the UI is a huge part what makes this app stand out from the others. Within minutes, I learned how the app worked and was drawing shapes and vectors like a crazed maniac. iDesign uses a graph background by default which makes drawing shapes accurate and easy. iDesign also gives you the ability to do scale drawings. This means that if you want to map out the furniture in a room in units of feet, then you can do so by changing a simple setting. Of course, the drawings in iDesign can be exported in a variety of formats. And, it's a universal app, so you can create drawings on the go using your iPhone/iPod touch if you'd like.
What is it about?
With iDesign, you can create 2-D vector drawings on your iPad as well as your iPhone and iPod touch. The app features shape and path tools, grouping and ungrouping abilities, and multi-level undo and redo options. Your work is automatically saved, you can import and export designs, and sync between devices.
Why we love it
If you want a vector drawing app that you can pick up where you left off on any device, check out iDesign.
App Store Description
Precision 2D vector drawing & design for the iPad, iPhone & iPod Touch.
Supports Apple Pencil on iPad Pro, updated for the new iPhone X.
Make professional quality designs, illustrations and technical drawings on the move using your fingers at last! iDesign has unique features and offset controls which allows you to draw accurately with your finger not getting in the way or blocking your view.
Full feature compatibility and automatic sync of designs via iCloud with XDesign (Mac version).
Check out the iDesign Product Tour (YouTube) & User Guide (PDF) - at www.touchaware.com.
- A universal app for both iPad and iPhone/iPod touch which adapts to the native screen size of the device.
- An unobtrusive icon based visual and context driven user interface with a full screen board view
- Toolbars and panels with easy access to frequently used functions for a fast work flow
Standard Tools & Functions
- Line, polyline, square, rectangle, circle, arc, ellipse, polygons, stars & path tools
- Copy and paste selected shapes and groups
- Group and ungroup shapes hierarchically to create complex designs
- Edit points, convert shapes to path, close shapes, add and remove points, break, weld, explode and join
- Precise rotation with ability to rotate at user defined center
- Object alignment tools
- Fill color and pen color swatches with opacity controls, custom RGB mixer
- Stroke width, line style, line caps and corner join styles, arrow ends and dash patters
- Text insertion with fonts, styles, sizes, paragraph alignments, multilingual, rotate/resize
- Set a background image for tracing/marking over it
- Insert images, copy, paste, move, resize and position them accordingly
- Multilevel Undo/Redo for all edit operations
- Create multiple layers to organize & separate design components
Unique Features for Touch Based Editing
- Offset handles for moving and positioning without your finger blocking the view
- Nudge controls, allows precise movement of selected shapes or selected points
- Delta transformations to apply incremental values by keyboard
Advanced Tools for Graphics Design
- Advanced path editing options for corner, smooth and symmetric control points, straighten and curve segments
- Text to path conversion
- Boolean operations on shapes, unite, intersect, subtract, exclude
- Freehand drawing, auto smoothened paths
- Gradients / color blends
Advanced Tools for Technical Drawing
- Circle and Arc tool based on center, start/end point, radius and angle of arc
- Dimensioning tools, length as well as angular with customisable settings
- Support for Feet+Inches+Fractions (U.S & older unit system) - Architectural formatting option for Dimensions - Dynamic grid supporting feet, inches and inch fractions at different zoom levels
Units & Board Setup
- Support for standard and custom board sizes.
- Set a drawing scale
- Full set of standard unit systems.
- Unit aware Grid with customisable settings
- Snap to grid, snap to object and points
- Unit aware rulers
Export/Import & Print
- Export designs to JPEG, PNG, PDF & SVG formats
- Import SVG files
- Share your designs with other iDesign users via Email
- Dropbox support for Export, Import
- AirPrint Support
Shape Library available as a subscription - US$11.99/year. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
Subscriptions can be managed in your iTunes Account Settings.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.