What is it about?
Inspire Pro is a little bit different from the previous apps … this app is an oil painting app. The app includes five different brushes each of which you can load up with different amounts of paint. The app features an impressive 1,000 layers of undo/redo support. The app can send photos to Flickr and directly to your photos app. There is a Mac and Windows app available to do some of the larger exports. The app can be used to create some pretty fantastic looking paintings. Inspire Pro is in a class on its own and worth a look.
For those who...
- It’s for artists who need a canvas with them wherever they go.
Not for those who...
- Additional brush sets are available via in-app purchase. So if you’re looking for some patterns, complex shapes, and charcoal brushes to work with, you’re going to have to spend some money.
Why we love it
Whether you dabble in painting or are a full-fledged artist, Inspire will truly inspire. Even though it’s loaded with features, its customizable interface allows you to simply jump right in and start creating without having to go through a massive tutorial.
Inspire Pro — Create Art is $7.99 but there are more add-ons
Paint Splatter Brush Set
Spray Paint Brush Set
Complex Shapes Brush Set
Charcoal Brush Set
Shape Outlines Brush Set
Patterns Brush Set
App Store Description
Available exclusively on the App Store, meticulously designed to be beautifully powerful and painstakingly engineered for the 64-bit CPU and multi-core GPU of iPad — Inspire Pro delivers an incredibly fast and realistic painting, drawing and sketching experience that you can take with you wherever you go and use whenever inspiration strikes.
Our proprietary painting engine Sorcery™, based on OpenGL, takes full advantage of the GPU to render brush strokes with brilliant 64-bit color, laser-sharp sub-pixel precision and insanely fast speed. While the strokes of a wet oil paint brush look beautiful on their own, the breathtaking blending effects of a dry brush will absolutely stun you. Graze the canvas with just a bit of pressure to add a subtle blur to your artwork or use stronger pressure to actually mix existing colors on the canvas together to create new ones.
With no instruction manual or handbook required, whether you are a beginner, expert or somewhere in-between, you will enjoy the simplicity and power of the most intuitive and compelling illustration app for iPad, Inspire Pro.
• 80 high quality brushes to choose from, divided into 8 sets: Oil Paint, Airbrushes, Basic Shapes, Graphite Pencils, Wax Crayons, Markers, Chalk and Textures
• 70 more brushes are available in the Inspire Pro Shop, divided into 7 sets: Complex Shapes, Paint Splatter, Spray Paint, Shape Outlines, Charcoal, Patterns and Pastel & Conté
• All brushes can be used as a Wet Brush, Dry Brush (Blending) or Eraser
• Over 20 different settings are available to customize brush strokes with powerful versatility and variation
• Sorcery™, the fastest 64-bit painting engine on the App Store
• Full-fledged Apple Pencil support for pressure, tilt angle and orientation
• Create a canvas of any size up to 16K (64MP) on iPad Pro, 8K (32MP) on iPad Air 2 and 4K (16MP) on iPad Air
• Dual-texture brushes
• 64-bit color
• All device orientations are supported all the time — switch from portrait to landscape painting with ease
• 1000 levels of undo and redo are available
• Touch and slide hotspots can be used to quickly change brush size, opacity and pressure without opening a menu
• The eyedropper tool can be used with a touch and hold gesture to select paint colors from the canvas
• The canvas can be moved around, rotated and zoomed in and out up to 6400%
• Create a painting right within the Messages app, starting from a blank canvas or an image from your Photos
Canvas Playback Video Recording
• Brush strokes are automatically recorded as you paint without any delay
• You can play the video of your artwork being created stroke-by-stroke directly in the gallery
• A Canvas Playback video can be exported to your Photos, Email, iTunes Documents or Dropbox
• Exported videos are high quality HD at up to 1080p resolution
• Choose any paint color you can dream of with the intuitive color picker
• HSB and RGB sliders accompany a large color circle, color square and opacity slider
• Your latest colors are saved to a palette automatically while you paint
• You can also save your favorite colors to a palette with drag and drop
Saving, Importing and Exporting
• Paintings are automatically saved in your gallery and easily exported to your Photos
• Inspire Pro files include your artwork's image, video and all associated metadata, for the ultimate backup
• Images can be imported from your Photos, iTunes, Dropbox or the camera and positioned, rotated and scaled onto a new canvas
• Paintings can be sent via email from within the app
• Paintings can be uploaded directly to Dropbox, Facebook, Twitter and Flickr
• Paintings can be printed from within the app (AirPrint printer required) or ordered online through CanvasPop
Visit snowCanoe.com to check out more screenshots, videos and artwork.