A sharp looking showtime finder is iTunes Movie Trailers. The app mainly allows for you to watch movie trailers of upcoming and released movies, but it does include an "In Theaters" tab. From that tab, you can view showtimes by theater or movie title. You can't purchase tickets from the app, but it's still an efficient and fast loading showtime finder.
Featured and favorited. iTunes Movie Trailers likes to feature certain big blockbusters and other hits depending on anticipation levels for titles. The Featured section is a great way to discover things that may have flown under your radar, or just a fast way to keep up with what is out these days, since there are so many movies that come out every week. You can also favorite film trailers to quickly watch them whenever you want to. Trailers are a great way to build up your anticipation, so having this app is rather handy.
At the top and in theaters. iTunes Movie Trailers lets users see what is hot or not, based on a combination of movie's popularity levels, box office performance, Rotten Tomatoes ratings, and iTunes sales. These factors determine what trailers you'll come across on the main screen of the app, but you can still search for anything that piques your interest as well. Plus, with all of the summer blockbusters coming up, this is a great way to find something that is interesting and that you need to keep on your radar. See what’s hot or not based on movies’ popularity, box office performance, Rotten Tomatoes rating, and iTunes sales. Take a look at the trailers for films that are showing near you.
Release dates and genres. Trailers can be great entertainment these days, but what good are they if you don't get the vital info such as when the movie comes out? iTunes Movie Trailers will pull up all of the release info for you, so you can find out what is coming out this week, or any week in the past, present, or even future. There is also the option to watch trailers for movies in certain categories and genres, if that is more your thing.
What is it about?
iTunes Movie Trailers is a gorgeous app that has one purpose: it lets users watch movie trailers to their heart's content. Browse featured titles, search trailers by category, genre, or keyword, check out what is popular and trending, and watch as many trailers as you want before films come out. You can even favorite trailers to get quick access to them so you can watch them over and over again. Build up your movie hype with iTunes Movie Trailers app.
For those who...
- Love movie trailers
- Enjoy building up the hype
Not for those who...
- Don't care about trailers and just want the movie
- Hate the hype train
Why we love it
It's beautiful and makes it easy to watch the trailers you want to watch.
App Store Description
iTunes Movie Trailers puts the newest HD movie previews in your hands. Browse trailers, clips, and featurettes for the biggest Hollywood blockbusters and independent cinema, view stunning HD photos, explore a year-long calendar of movie releases, find showtimes near you, and get ticket info directly from your iPad or iPhone.
• Access hundreds of movie trailers, clips, behind-the-scenes featurettes, and images, available in HD or SD
• Explore an interactive, year-long release calendar that helps you plan when you'll be going to the theaters
• Save your favorite movies and theaters for immediate access anytime
• Find out what’s playing at your local theaters and purchase tickets directly from your iPad or iPhone
• Check estimated driving times and get directions to nearby theaters
• Add a movie to Favorites to be notified when it debuts in theaters or becomes available in the iTunes Store
• Browse Top Charts to view the most popular trailers, box office rankings, and top movies on iTunes to buy or rent
• Read critic reviews provided by Rotten Tomatoes without leaving the app
• Enjoy your favorite movie trailers on your TV with AirPlay and Apple TV
• Share your favorite trailers with friends using AirDrop, Facebook, Twitter, Messages, and Mail
• Keep your favorite theaters and movie trailers up to date on all of your devices using iCloud
• Requires a device with iOS 9 or later
• Requires Internet access over a Wi-Fi or cellular data connection