Letterboxd is the bar for movie journal apps. With Letterboxd, you can check out what is popular for the current week, look at reviews for those movies, and even browse through lists. Look at the description, view a trailer, read reviews, and check out cast, crew, and genre details. Log those you have seen, ones you have liked, and those that you want to see, which will go onto your Watchlist. You can also rate, review, share, and add movies to a list.
Browse movies. Letterboxed shows you what is currently popular for the week, no matter what time it is. You can see the reviews left by other users, which are helpful in determining if a movie is worth a trip to the theater or just waiting until it comes on cable. There are also lists that help you determine what is worth watching in your lifetime. Filters for highest rated, most anticipated, and upcoming films makes it easy to find what you are looking for, and the search tool lets you enter in keywords and get what you want. You can check out what is curre popular for the current week, look at reviews for those hot movies, and even browse through some handy lists. There is a search feature available if you are in the mood for a specific film. You can also filter by highest rated, most anticipated, and upcoming films.
Get film details. Once you find what you're looking for, just tap on the title. You'll get a full detail view for every single movie in the database, and this includes useful information like description, cast and crew, genre details, and much more. There are even trailers available to watch in case you want a taste of the movie before diving in. There are quick links to TMDB and IMDB as well, in case you need even more information.
Track movies. Letterboxd is a great app to help you keep track of what you should watch at some point in your life. Each movie detail view has a button that lets you add it to your watchlist, or you can mark movies as seen, or rate and review them if you have to make your voice heard. Reviews can be shared with your Letterboxd friends, as well as people on other networks or shared directly through emaill or SMS. Lists are also capable of being made by you, so take advantage of it to feel like a real movie critic.
What is it about?
With simple navigation, an attractive interface, and all of the features current users love, Letterboxd is the perfect film fan companion. Whether you decide to take advantage of the social networking aspect of the app or not, it is still terrific for movie details and tracking.
For those who...
- Enjoy watching movies
- Like sharing films with others
Not for those who...
- Dislike watching movies
- Prefer television
Why we love it
The popular service for networking through movies has released an app for iPhone to make it even easier to share your love of films. Letterboxd has great features to connect and share with others, browse and review movies, track what you have seen or want to see, and much more.
App Store Description
Letterboxd for iOS puts the popular social network for film lovers on your iPhone or iPad, so you can log films and catch up on your friends’ activity with ease.
Sign in with your existing account (or create one for free) to enjoy our all-new native interface. These features of the web experience are supported, with more to come:
– Sign in (with 1Password support) or create an account
– Browse popular, highly rated and most anticipated films (including our official list of the Top 250 Narrative Features)
– Log films with date, rating, review and tags
– View film info (including cast & crew, popular lists and reviews) and rate, like, watchlist or mark as watched
– View (and filter) your activity feed
– Read and comment on reviews and lists
– Create and edit lists
– View member profiles including films, reviews, diary entries, tags, stats and more
– Follow members to see their activity in your feed
– Filter and sort collections of films based on specific criteria
– Search for films, content and people
– Edit your profile settings
Our app offers account upgrades as follows:
– Upgrade to 1 Year of Letterboxd Pro or Patron
– Pro tier adds annual and all-time stats pages based on your account activity, advanced activity and streaming service filters (including the option to pick and filter by the streaming services you subscribe to, powered by JustWatch.com), list cloning and removes third-party ads.
– Patron tier provides all the benefits of Pro, plus a profile backdrop taken from the first of your four favorite films (if available), a listing on the Patrons page of our website and early access to new features.
– Payment is charged to your iTunes Account when you confirm purchase and your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renewal is disabled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for a renewal up to 24 hours before the end of each current period, at the same annual fee.
– You can manage your subscription and disable auto-renewals in the App Store app following purchase.
– Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited if you purchase a subscription to that publication, where applicable
We welcome your feedback regarding Letterboxd for iOS. Please email us: [email protected]
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.