Map My Hike+ is what most hike mapping and tracking apps aspire to be like. It provides you a way to find new hiking trails, with a 40-million-member community. The app analyzes your performance each mile, keeping track of your speed and altitude changes. You can even set up a training plan to increase your hiking expertise, allowing you to take on those more challenging hikes.
What is it about?
With Map My Hike+, you have a complete app for encouraging you on your hikes, tracking and mapping your travels, and sharing your experiences with others. You can also discover new paths to hike, and keep an eye on your performance progress by reviewing previous hikes. The app helps you monitor and analyze your heart rate, so you can get a real workout in while you hike. After each hike, you can access detailed statistics including pace, distance, duration, calorie burn, elevation, and more.
For those who...
- Love hiking and want to do more with their outdoors activities
- Are looking for detailed information about their hikes
Not for those who...
- Don't enjoy hiking
- Don't care about the details of their hikes
Why we love it
Map My Hike+ provides all the information you need to keep track of your hiking. You get detailed statistics about your workout along with a map of your hike. You can also find new hiking trails by sharing your own and discovering what trails the other 40 million members of Map My Hike+ are hiking.
Map My Hike+ by Under Armour is $2.99 but there are more add-ons
App Store Description
Track and map every hike with MapMyHike+. For every mile you go, you’ll get feedback and stats to help you improve your performance. Discover new workout routes and save or share your favorites, and get inspired to reach new hiking goals with a 40 million member strong community of athletes. Whether you’re a beginner on your first long hike or a pro, you’ll find the features and tools you need to stay on track and motivated along the way.
TRACK AND MAP YOUR WORKOUTS
- Get audio feedback on every GPS-tracked hike and view the route you took on the map.
- Choose from over 600 different sports to keep a full log of all your activities.
- Use the Routes feature to find nearby places to hike, save your favorite paths, add new ones and share them with others.
- Enjoy an ad-free experience with MapMyHike+ and have no distractions to your training.
ANALYZE YOUR PERFORMANCE ON EVERY MILE
- Gain in-depth insights on every workout, with detailed stats including pace, distance, duration, calorie burn, elevation, and more.
- Keep an eye on your progress by reviewing your previous workouts.
- Set personal goals and adjust them as you improve with each hike.
CONNECT WITH APPS AND WEARABLES
- Let your shoes do the tracking - SpeedForm® Gemini 2 Record-Equipped Shoes automatically track your activity and sync your data with your MapMyHike+ app.
- Sync your data with the hottest apps and wearables, including Garmin, Fitbit, Jawbone, and hundreds more.
- Take control of your nutrition by connecting with MyFitnessPal for a comprehensive look at your calorie intake and burn.
JOIN A COMMUNITY OF MORE THAN 40 MILLION ATHLETES
- Stay up-to-date with friends and motivate each other.
- Share your workouts through Facebook and Twitter.
- Join Challenges to compete with others, climb the leaderboard, and win awesome prizes.
TAKE YOUR HIKES FURTHER WITH MVP PREMIUM FEATURES
- Reach your hiking goal with a personal training plan which adapts dynamically to your fitness level as you improve.
- Monitor and analyze your Heart Rate zones to adjust your training based on your goal.
- Create custom splits based on the distance you want to track.
- Access additional premium features on MapMyHike.com
If you upgrade to a premium MVP subscription, payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. The monthly subscription costs USD 5.99 per month, while the yearly subscription costs USD 29.99 per year, or USD 2.50 per month. Your subscription renews automatically unless canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. There is no increase in cost when renewing.
Subscriptions can be managed and auto-renewal turned off in Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. Once purchased, the current period cannot be canceled. Any unused portion of a free trial period is forfeited if you choose to purchase a premium subscription to MVP.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
MapMyHike+ is powered by Under Armour Connected Fitness – the world’s largest health and fitness community. The complete suite of Under Armour apps, built to empower healthy and active lifestyles, includes UA Record, MapMyFitness, Endomondo, and MyFitnessPal.