Watch the trailer
Find and read documents in your library. Documents in your library that are synced to your Mendeley account will show up after signing in on iOS so you can read them on the go. Take a look at how easily you can search for them. And as long as you log in with the right account, all of your documents will go where you go.
Add notes and highlights. Reading papers can be tough. With your online account, Mendeley will sync any notes and highlights made on other devices across devices. You can also add and edit highlights and notes right from iOS. It's never been easier to take highly researched papers on-the-go with you on your iOS device.
Add documents straight to your library. Find a cool paper on iOS? Add it to your Mendeley library right away thanks to the Safari extension. The app will automatically populate all the metadata fields using info from the PDF you import, along with data from Mendeley's extensive archives. That way you can read it anywhere or cite it when you arrive back at the desktop.
What is it about?
On Mac and Windows, Mendeley Desktop is widely renowned as the best manager of research papers and citations – and it's absolutely free. And as we've gained the ability to sync papers and citations to an online account for personal use and collaboration, being able to add to and access your Mendeley library on mobile is now possible.
For those who...
- Are students or researchers who frequently write papers and insert citations
- Want to keep their library of research articles organized
- Collaborate on research projects in groups
Not for those who...
- Do not have Mendeley or Microsoft Word on the desktop (although the mobile app might still be useful, regardless)
- Are not students or scholars
Why we love it
Although the bread and butter to Mendeley is its desktop app and respective Microsoft Word plugin, being able to add to and access your library on the go makes downloading the iOS app a no-brainer.
App Store Description
Mendeley is a free reference manager and PDF reader designed for researchers, students, and knowledge-workers.
Make your own fully-searchable library in seconds, read and annotate your PDFs, and collaborate with others in private groups. Sync your library across all your devices including Mendeley Desktop, where you can easily cite your research as you write in Microsoft Word or LibreOffice.
• Read, highlight & annotate PDFs from anywhere
• Sync annotations & documents across all your devices
• Save PDFs to your Mendeley library from other apps or your web browser
• Use Mendeley offline during your commute, and sync when you have connection
• Search your library for keywords in the Title, Authors, Publication or Abstract
• Edit document details (Title, Authors, Publication details, etc…)
• Download or remove PDFs on demand, to easily manage device storage space
• All features are available on your Tablet or Phone
"What [Mendeley] are up to is boldly innovative. The Mendeley team is attempting nothing less than changing the way scientists conduct and share their research." - Wired
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to email@example.com and your information will be removed.