Just to note, this is definitely a baseball simulation game. Instead of actually worrying about hits, balls, and strikes, you’ll be running the show as an owner and general manager of your own MLB squad. Since the game is officially licensed, you’ll be able to play with real MLB teams and players.
Watch the trailer
Getting started. To start, you can select from one of three different game types - a Major League Baseball game, a fictional game, or a historical game. The MLB game choice will allow you to play starting with the 2016 season and beyond.
Manage to your heart’s content. If you’ve ever wanted to be a manager of your own major league squad, this is probably as close as you’ll ever get. You can manage all aspects of the game like lineups, depth charts, pitching staff, and more. You can then call shots from the dugout and see how each game progresses.
Step in the GM role. The game also tackles off-the-field action as well. You can become the general manager to negotiate contracts, sign free agents, put together trades, and much more. As the game progresses, players continue to develop.
What is it about?
To start, you can select from one of three different game types - a Major League Baseball game, a fictional game, or an historical game. The MLB game choice will allow you to play starting with the 2016 season and beyond.
For those who...
- Enjoy detailed a feature-rich simulation game. Looking to tackle the finer aspect of the game like trades, player negotiations, drafting, and more.
Not for those who...
- Looking for true baseball action.
Why we love it
While not a baseball game in the truest since, MLB Manager 2016 is perfect for any diehard fan of the sport. Since baseball is so dependent on stats and numbers, you can take "fantasy" baseball to a new level.
MLB Manager 2016 is $4.99 but there are more add-ons
Bundle XI: All Seasons
2015 MLB Manager 2016 Baseball Season
1998 MLB Manager 2016 Baseball Season
2004 MLB Manager 2016 Baseball Season
1995 MLB Manager 2016 Baseball Season
2001 MLB Manager 2016 Baseball Season
1986 MLB Manager 2016 Baseball Season
2011 MLB Manager 2016 Baseball Season
2013 MLB Manager 2016 Baseball Season
2000 MLB Manager 2016 Baseball Season
App Store Description
Guide your favorite Major League Baseball franchise to glory! MLB Manager 2016, officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA, is based on the award-winning Out of the Park Baseball series.
"With a great menu system driving the entire game, excellent AI, and the ability to micro-manage almost everything you could dream of in a sports game, it's hard to want anything else of a mobile baseball management sim." (Touch Arcade)
MLB Manager 2016 features a living world that uses the same realistic simulation engine found in Out of the Park Baseball, the best-selling and best-rated baseball management game of all time. Each MLB team in the game features its actual 40-man projected 2016 Opening Day roster. The player ratings are based on the ZiPS player projection system created by famous baseball analyst Dan Szymborski.
New features in MLB Manager 2016 include:
- 2016 Opening Day MLB rosters
- Offical MLBPA license
- New game logs
- New trade difficulty setting
- Recoded and improved AI throughout the game
The game offers three gameplay modes:
- Major League Baseball Game: Choose your favorite MLB team and play out the 2016 season and beyond. There is no limit, guide your team into the future! Will Bryce Harper dominate the National League again? How will David Price perform in his new home ballpark Fenway Park? Will rising star Corey Seager win the Rookie of the Year award in the NL? How will the young guns in the AL develop, among them Carlos Correa, Miguel Sano and Francisco Lindor? Will the Kansas City Royals repeat as World Series Champions and build a dynasty?
- Fictional Game: MLB Manager creates one of four fictional baseball worlds and populates it with fresh players and clubs. Select a team and build a dynasty from scratch.
- Historical MLB Game: Choose one of three past MLB seasons -- 1919, 1939, or 2012 -- and see if it produces a different outcome. Additional historical seasons are available as in-app purchase for $0.99 each, $4.99 for a 10-season bundle, or $19.99 for all available seasons (115 in total!). International currency conversion rates may apply.
After selecting a gameplay mode, choose a team and handle every aspect of managing it:
- Manage your team, set lineups, depth charts, pitching staff and more!
- Call the shots from the dugout and watch the games unfold.
- Step into the shoes of the General Manager: Negotiate contracts, sign free agents, put together trades, draft the next superstar, promote players from the minors etc.
During games, the play-by-play text is generated from a huge database of tens of thousands of lines that bring the action alive. Bottom of the ninth, two outs, bases loaded, you're down by two runs and you have your best hitter stepping to the plate against your opponent's rock-solid closer ... What will happen next?
During the season, news tickers bring you headlines from around the leagues! Your biggest rival just pulled off a blockbuster trade with the trading deadline looming ... How will you respond?
As MLB Manager's living world evolves, players develop their careers, age, and eventually retire, with a possible spot in the OOTP Hall of Fame waiting for them. New players drafted by you and groomed in the minors take their place and become the next generation of superstars.
MLB Manager 2016 is the ultimate game for baseball fans!
Visit us on www.ootpdevelopments.com!
Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. All rights reserved.
OFFICIALLY LICENSED PRODUCT OF MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL PLAYERS ASSOCIATION - MLBPA trademarks and copyrighted works, including the MLBPA logo, and other intellectual property rights are owned and/or held by MLBPA and may not be used without MLBPA?s written consent. Visit www.MLBPLAYERS.com, the Players Choice on the web.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.