What is it about?
MoviePass lets you see up to one movie per day for the entire month for just $9.99 per month. An average month has 30 days, so you can see 30 movies at the theater at any time of day. You can only see one movie per day, but the clock resets at midnight, so if you see a film at 10 p.m., you could see another movie at 10 a.m. the following morning. The main caveat with MoviePass is that you can only see 2D movies, no 3D, IMAX, 4D, etc., but the service is compatible with over 90% of the theaters across the US. Also, you need to be within 100 yards of the theater to activate the service and buy tickets, so you can’t buy from home, and you can only buy on the day of viewing. A select few theaters allow for e-ticketing to let you buy from home, but these are the exception, not the rule.
App Store Description
MoviePass is the nation’s premier theatrical subscription service, allowing you to see new movies in over 4000 theaters across the United States for one low subscription fee.
- See new movies in theaters, no blackout dates
- See any 2D movie in theaters from its first day of release
- Available in over 4000 theaters nationwide
How it Works:
- Download the free MoviePass app and sign up to receive your card.
- Once you receive your card in the mail, use the app to search for theaters, movies and showtimes.
- Go to the theater and check into your selected showtime using the app.
- Once you have checked in, your card will be activated; swipe your MoviePass card with a ticket agent or at a kiosk to get your ticket!
- For theaters that accept e-ticketing via MoviePass, reserve your ticket and seat (when applicable) ahead of time from any location.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.