Watch the trailer
Control your news. Open your app and get your audio daily digest. Each headline is read with a summary of the story. You have the options to pause, rewind, or forward to the next headline. For the full story, you can go to the source for the complete article. You can receive alerts via email or push notification. You can even pair the app with your car speakers using Bluetooth or a wired connection.
Rate your sections. The app offers a method for you to rate how much you like each news category. This way you get more of the news you want and less of the news you don’t. From world and U.S. news to business and technology to entertainment and lifestyle, there are many categories. Set your level of interest from small, medium, or large. You can also disable the category all together.
Additional features. You can search for specific topics which might include your favorite sports team. News Beat Radio even has a sleep timer that you can set for from five minutes up to one hour. The app allows you share or mark your favorite stories and select specific news sources from a huge list. There is also a premium feature called Newsbeat Plus which gives you unlimited listening and ad removal for a fee of $17.99 yearly or $2.99 monthly, which you can cancel at any time.
What is it about?
News Beat Radio is a convenient app for those on-the-go. Tap to listen to the story, rewind or move forward, and pause if you need to step away. Search for topics, select your favorite news sources, and listen as you fall asleep with the Sleep timer. With terrific features and an easy-to-use interface, listening to the news has never been easier.
For those who...
- Have limited time to read the news
- Like listening to news stories
Not for those who...
- Prefer to read lengthy news pieces
- Do not like listening to the news
Why we love it
Talk about convenience when you are exercising or just getting dressed for work, News Beat Radio gives you the news you want by just listening.
Newsbeat Radio is FREE but there are more add-ons
App Store Description
It's like audio books - for news articles.
Every day, we hand-pick insightful news articles from a variety of reputed sources, and narrate them for your listening pleasure.
If you are a news junkie that would like to catch up on some good news articles, especially while you drive/commute, this app is for you.
——— It's free to try! Download now. ———
Lot of people love what we do
▪ Top-7 News App of the Year : PBS Media Shift
▪ Android Authority : 10 best apps
▪ The Next Web : 15 best apps
▪ The Guardian : 10 best apps
▪ Business Insider : 13 hottest apps
▪ Engadget: "Experience sounded a lot like NPR"
▪ The Verge: "Among the sleekest we've seen yet"
▪ TechCrunch: "Audio app aimed at news junkies"
▪ Variety: "Like Spotify or Pandora for news"
▪ Fast Company: "This app could change news"
▪ Time: "A news radio - like experience you can operate hands-free in your car"
We currently carry only the news sources from USA only.
▪ You can personalize the sections - World, National, Local, Technology, Sports, Business, Politics, Movies, TV, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Health, Celebrity
▪ Smooth streaming technology while you drive
News beat Plus Subscription:
For access to premium news sources like Associated Press and unlimited listening with limited audio commercials, you can subscribe to News Beat Plus.
Price of the subscription : choose between $17.99 per year or $2.99 per month
Terms of Service : http://www.newsbeat.me/terms
Renewal: The subscription will automatically renew 24 hours prior to end of each subscription year and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account., unless it is cancelled 24 hours prior to renewal. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings. No cancellation of current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
Twitter : twitter.com/mynewsbeat
Facebook : facebook.com/mynewsbeat