What is it about?
Pages for iOS is undoubtedly one of the best iPad word processor applications available. Desktop-grade tools are at your fingertips for text manipulation and changing styles of text with just a few taps. Templates have always been Apple's specialty, and Pages keeps that tradition going. Over 60 starter forms are included to let you make great documents. Of course, iCloud sharing is front and center within Pages, and you can share for real-time collaboration with editors and cowriters. Pages will update your project as you both work to perfect it.
For those who...
- Want a sleek and intuitive word processor app that isn't bogged down with useless features
- Prefer to use Apple's own apps over others
Not for those who...
- Don't need a word processor and prefer a plain text editor
- Prefer to use Microsoft Word
Why we love it
Apple's Pages has evolved quite a bit. It is now a beautiful and comprehensive solution for word processing on-the-go on your iOS device, and it gives users plenty of great options for when they need to write a novel, book, article, or anything else they want to get down on paper.
Pages supports Siri commands
App Store Description
Pages is the most beautiful word processor you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. Start with an Apple-designed template to instantly create gorgeous reports, digital books, resumes, posters, and more. Or use a blank document and create your own design. Easily add images, movies, audio, tables, charts, and shapes. You can even draw and annotate using Apple Pencil on supported devices or your finger. Pages has been designed exclusively for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
Draw and annotate using Apple Pencil or your finger
• Easily add drawings with pen, pencil, crayon, and fill tools, then animate them and watch them come to life
• Use Smart Annotation to add comments and marks that stay anchored to their associated text
• Convert your handwritten words to typed text with Scribble and Apple Pencil
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a document at the same time on Mac, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch—even on a PC
• Share your document publicly or with specific people, see who’s currently in the document with you, and view other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on documents stored in iCloud or in Box
Create beautiful documents
• Use Screen View on iPhone to automatically display text, images, and other elements optimized to fit your screen
• Choose from over 90 Apple-designed templates
• Enhance your document with a library of over 700 editable shapes
• Easily add images, video, and audio
• Add an image gallery to view a collection of photos on the same page
• Create interactive EPUB books that can be shared with others or published to Apple Books for download or purchase
• Import and edit Microsoft Word and text files
• Use the table of contents view to easily navigate your document or book
• Add comments and join threaded conversations
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Add bookmarks to easily link from one part of your document to another
• Turn on facing pages to format your document as two-page spreads
• Create page templates to keep the design consistent across your page layout document
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view character, word, and paragraph counts
• Add elegant mathematical equations using LaTeX or MathML notation
• Use presenter mode to easily read and auto scroll text while giving a speech
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and from a Mac or PC browser at iCloud.com
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Export your document in EPUB, Microsoft Word, and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies, and two-sided printing
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.