Measuring your room. PLNAR does a good job of letting you set corners, but near the end of your measurements can get a bit ... confused.
Displaying your plans. Once you've set your walls, doors, and openings, you can view and export a schematic of your space.
What is it about?
Like similar apps, the point of PLNAR is to allow you to create the schematic for your home or room. It uses ARKit to measure from point to point, allowing you to generate multiple line segments to capture all the nooks and crannies in your space.
Why we love it
PLNAR could definitely benefit from a more comprehensive tutorial. I wasn't able to figure out how to mark openings or doors very easily, something that could be resolved by a better help system. Once you've marked your walls, openings, and doors, you can generate a two-dimensional map, or schematic, of your room. Give it a name, and then export the map to email for printing. A very useful feature, which should make PLNAR beneficial to many around the world, is that you can easily change which measurement units it uses. You can change from inches to feet, meters, centimeters, or millimeters.
PLNAR is FREE but there are more add-ons
1 Pro Report
10 Pro Reports
5 Pro Reports
App Store Description
The PLNAR augmented reality App captures 2D and 3D dimensions of a room and creates a digital 3D model. Now, anyone can create a 3D room plan with just their iPhone. No need to use a clunky tape measure or bring a stranger into your house to measure. PLNAR will generate an augmented reality (AR) Pro Report with pictures, 3D Model and CAD file. All output is saved to our PLNAR portal for easy access and sharing.
This app is great for insurance claims adjustors, flooring companies, DIYers, interior designers, remodelers. Generate your own measurements for home projects, obtain material estimates to share with contractors, measure for any home or commercial remodeling project or insurance claim. For businesses, this digitizes your entire sales and estimation sales process!
- Generate measurements of any room or wall
- Create 2D and 3D room plans
- Include and measure structures such as Islands and Stairs
- Annotate, in AR, characteristics of the room
- Obtain area of a room
- Obtain perimeter measurements of a room
- Obtain wall surface area
- Combine multiple rooms into a single project
- Attach photos to a project
- Generate a Pro Report and share it with friends, designers or contractors
- See a 3D view of your space
- Generate a 3D CAD file of your room
PLNAR is an Austin, TX based startup focused on automating the traditional in-home measurement process required for DIY projects, quoting home services, underwriting insurance policies or settling claims.
The Augmented Reality measurement capabilities are free to use including the room and project management features. As an added feature, we also allow you to generate a Pro Report that can be shared. We include 1 free Pro Report and each subsequent Pro Report is $9.99 as well as an unlimited monthly subscription option.
Please read below about the auto-renewing subscription before purchase:
* Subscription Duration: One month
* Subscription Price: $99.99 per month
* Auto-renew: This is an auto-renewing subscription, read details below
* Includes: Unlimited Pro Reports generated and saved to PLNAR Cloud
* Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
* Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
* Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
* Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
* Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
* Please review our terms & conditions: https://pro.plnar.co/plnar-terms-conditions/
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.