Check the details on WatchAware
What is it about?
Perform yoga anytime, anywhere with Pocket Yoga. Literally this is the perfect app to pull out on your break at work, or during a commercial. Sure you can do full on classes, but you can also just practice certain postures in order to really expand your practice. If you've never done yoga this is also an amazing app because it really lets you practice the postures without having to feel pressured. Take as long as you want to master a pose and then move on when you're ready.
For those who...
- Want to practice yoga in the comfort of their own home or office
Not for those who...
- Yoga isn't for everyone, and some of the beginner poses may be difficult for some
Why we love it
If you’re tired paying for yoga classes, check out Pocket Yoga today. Just put your mat on the floor and enjoy performing poses in the comfort of your own home.
Pocket Yoga is $2.99 but there are more add-ons
3 Karma Points
25 Karma Points
100 Karma Points
225 Karma Points
App Store Description
With Pocket Yoga you can keep up with your practice at your own pace in the comforts of your own home. Simply roll out your mat, place your device in front, and Pocket Yoga will guide you through your entire session.
Choose between 27 different sessions of varying duration and difficulty. Learn the poses with the pose dictionary containing detailed explanations of the correct posture, alignment, and benefits.
• Detailed voice and visual instruction guides you through every pose, including each inhalation and exhalation.
• Over 200 beautifully illustrated pose images showing correct posture and alignment.
• Dictionary of poses containing the descriptions and benefits of each pose.
• Unlock new environments as you progress in your yoga journey.
• Quickly preview a practice to see if it is right for you before you start.
• Maintains an ongoing log of all your yoga practices to track your progress.
• Practices designed by experienced yoga instructors.
• Play music from your music library in place of the default music. You can even play music through iTunes Radio or other apps while Pocket Yoga is running.
• Play the practices on your Apple TV through AirPlay.
• Works with the Health app. Track your workouts, heart rate, and calories burned.
• Ask Siri to start your practice directly from your Home or Lock screens.
‣ Listed among the “15 Best Beauty Apps” - InStyle
‣ Selected by CNN as one of the "10 great mobile health apps"
‣ Featured by Apple in "Get in Shape", "Let's Get Moving", "10 Essentials" and "New and Noteworthy"
Pocket Yoga works great on your Apple Watch. When you are playing a practice on your iPhone you can get extra information directly on your wrist. See the current pose, time remaining, heart rate, calories burned, and much more. You can even control your practice directly from your Apple Watch.
The “Pose of the Day” Widget helps you learn the names of the poses by showing you a different pose each day. You can see the name of the daily pose in English, Sanskrit and even in Devanagari script. Also tap on the pose image to launch Pocket Yoga and go directly to that pose.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.