Preloading your starting balances. To set up your starting balances, you just enter a deposit for checking accounts or a withdrawal for credit cards.
Creating a checking account. Getting your checking account into PocketMoney 2.5 is as easy as filling out a form. Provide as little or as much information as you want; the app doesn't mind!
Credit card accounts, too. PocketMoney 2.5 has full support for credit cards, so enter in those accounts, too.
Establishing budgets. No money management app would be complete without budgets, and PocketMoney does this well.
Repeating transactions are a breeze. PocketMoney 2.5 has the ability to establish repeating transactions with complex logic.
Use the Dashboard to get an overview. The Dashboard isn't the starting view in PocketMoney 2.5, but it's a good place to go to see how your assets and liabilities are faring.
What is it about?
PocketMoney 2.5 is a powerful app that makes managing your finances much easier. It only takes minutes a day to keep up with your money, once you set up the app.
For those who...
- love to keep track of their finances
- need help with budgeting
Not for those who...
- don't need help with budgeting
- want full connectivity with their bank
Why we love it
PocketMoney 2.5 uses a terrific autocomplete mechanism for those common transactions. That makes entering them a breeze, since you just have to type a few characters and then let the app fill in the rest. This is very useful for repeating transactions, but there's an even better way to handle those. The app provides a tool for entering repeating transactions, and it's quite complex. You can set up transactions that are due on a particular day of the month, for example. Or, perhaps you've got a bill that's always due the third Monday of the month. PocketMoney 2.5 allows for either of those situations. Finding reports on your accounts is easy, with a "Reports" option right in the overview. You can also go to the Dashboard to get an outline of where you're currently at financially, how your budgets are faring, and more. The app isn't perfect, unfortunately. It has recently changed ownership, and the new developers have not yet set up the support page. So, when you try tapping Settings -> Help & Video Tutorials, you go to a page that doesn't exist. Hopefully, the developers will remedy that soon, because some features aren't as easy to understand as others.
App Store Description
**** PocketMoney GT is the successor to the original PocketMoney, with all new features and enhancements! ****
– Multilingual (15 different languages)
Note: PocketMoney is also available for desktop (Mac, Windows, Linux). Download out trial at www.pocketmoney.com
– All New Dashboard
– Charts and Sync Server Now Included
– Dropbox Backup & Restore
- iCloud Backup & Restore
– Touch ID & Face ID
PocketMoney gives you the most features, at the least cost, in an effective user interface. Find out why AppAdvice.com says: “The app is easy to use that in fact, it is fast-becoming my most-used app on my iPad.”
Need to track your finances on multiple iPhones, iPads, iPods, other OS’s, or desktops? PocketMoney can do that, too. Sync multiple iOS or other OS’s devices together over Wi-Fi or to the PocketMoney desktop app on OS X, Windows, and Linux
The system is simple, and a minute a day using PocketMoney will help you navigate through the pitfalls of the current economy.
** Start by entering all your income and expenses as they happen across multiple accounts such as credit cards, savings, and checking accounts. PocketMoney can track thousands of transactions through many years of financial data with no performance loss. Transactions can be split across multiple categories, transferred across accounts and can also be scheduled to occur at regular intervals.
** PocketMoney makes this really easy by remembering previous transactions and auto-completing them as you type.
** Analyze your overall financial situation by using the built-in reporting features of PocketMoney. Charts can help you visualize overspending and target areas to cut back. Furthermore, your data can be exported to desktop applications such as Microsoft Money and Excel.
** If you use Quicken or Microsoft Money, then you can export your desktop data to PocketMoney, enter data on the road, then export changes back to your desktop app via QIF files. (Quicken Essentials doesn’t support QIF exports/imports.)
– Unlimited number of accounts and transactions
– Accounts include credit cards, checking, PayPal, overdraft, savings and more
– Bitcoin support
– Proven performance and responsiveness
– Repeating transactions with complex logic
– Autocomplete transactions
– Splits and Transfers
– Reconcile and rollup your accounts.
– Photo receipts
– Current, future, cleared balance displays
– Customized account ordering, grouping and graphics
– Customized transaction entry preferences
– Custom filters
– PocketMoney Sync Client – sync your finances over Wi-Fi to PocketMoney for Desktops (www.catamount.com for OS X, Windows, & Linux versions).
– PocketMoney Sync Server – Keep your data in sync over Wi-Fi between multiple iOS devices without the need for PocketMoney for Desktops.
– Income and expense budgeting
– Daily, Weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual budgets
– iBeam to show current location of budget period
– Budget bars for each category
Reports and Charts
– Custom reporting for Accounts, Categories, Class and Payee
– Charts – Net Worth, Cash Flow and Category/Payee graphs
– Custom reporting and charting periods
– Print transaction register, receipts, and report details to AirPrint compatible printer
– Email, web browser and SyncDocs backup/restore
– Transaction and photo sync between multiple iPhones
– Import – TDF, CSV, QIF, OFX/QFX
– Export – TDF, CSV, QIF, OFX/QFX
– PocketMoney’s iReceipt open standard allows other applications or websites to post transactions directly to PocketMoney to eliminate redundant data entry. (iReceipt supported by MPG, CheckPlease, BillMinder, and others)
– Multilingual (15 different languages)
– Password protection
– Transaction search
– Themes, Fonts and colors
– Visually Impaired friendly
– Badge display for overdrawn accounts
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.