What is it about?
Fully updated for iOS 13.
App Store Description
Fully updated for iOS 13.
If you listen to audiobooks or other lengthy audio items, you need this app.
Precise Audiobook gives you complete control when you want it but still has simple, easy-to-use controls while driving or jogging.
While Apple's built-in audio player will play these files, it was never designed for items longer than a couple of minutes and often loses your place in the book.
• Auto-Bookmarks: Automatically creates and maintains bookmarks for each book or podcast you listen to.
• Custom Bookmarks: Create and edit special bookmarks at any time.
• Chapters: Fully implements the new m4b standard to display and select chapters within such audiobooks. One can now easily review the table of contents, jump to any chapter, move forward or back a chapter easily at any time.
• Custom Lists: Starting from albums, playlists, and podcasts on your device; you can create, edit, and revise your own Lists for automatic sequential playback. This allows you to put together your own sequence of parts of books, episodes of podcasts, and any other audio items. You can sort, shuffle, reorder, delete or add to any such list at any time.
• Driving Mode: Large controls and displays combined with swipeable controls make it easy to keep your eyes on the road while easily handling most issues that frequently come up on those long drives. Isn't that why you got audiobooks?
• Swipe Controls: Simple broad swipes implement frequently used controls. For example: stroke horizontally across the top of the display to jump to the next item or across the lower part of the display to jump 30 seconds.
• Precision Time Control: One can pan quickly over the entire book or use a fine panning control. One can jump forward or backward in increments of 10 minutes, 1 minute, or 10 seconds. The current position and time remaining are displayed in hours, minutes, and seconds.
• Controls-Lock: No more accidental control taps or wasted power for displays that you aren't looking at for long periods of time. Turn your device face down and put it in your pocket while jogging. The controls and display return as soon as you turn it face-up.
• User Preferences: Change the screen brightness, speed of playback, and many other preferences.
• Help: Quick and easy how-to-get-started instructions as well as detailed notes and suggestions for later are available at a tap.
• Formats: Plays any and all audio files stored in your iTunes library on your device. (mp3, m4a, m4b, aac, podcast, Audible, aiff, wav, and Apple Lossless)
• Remote Controls: Fully implements all car stereo and headphone controls.
• External Playback: Fully utilizes Bluetooth and airPlay options.
Although a must-have app for audiobooks and podcasts, it works
outstandingly for playing all your music as well.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.