What is it about?
Radar HD provides weather radar and alerts for the U.S. along with other locations like Europe, Australia, and Japan. You can check out the projected hurricane and typhoon paths, view both radar and satellite maps, and see all severe weather alerts on a map. For more than just storm tracking, Radar HD is a great weather app option.
For those who...
- It’s the ideal app for those worried about major weather events.
Not for those who...
- If you already have weather app with a decent animated radar, you can probably skip Radar HD.
Why we love it
See where the hurricanes and typhoons are headed with radar and satellite images from Radar HD.
App Store Description
Fast. Simple. Predictive high-resolution Weather Radar. Severe weather warnings. Storm tracks and future projections. Satellite cloud animation. Use Radar HD to see what weather is coming your way!
Radar shows areas of current precipitation or future simulated radar prediction!. A weather radar is used to locate precipitation, calculate its motion, estimate its type (rain, snow, hail, etc.), and forecast its future position and intensity. Precipitation type is indicated by the color. Green color indicates lesser precipitation while the yellow color code indicates intense precipitations. The color code red is indicative of the most intense precipitations. Blue color indicates snow.
Using the data from Storm Prediction Center and Global Disaster Alert and Coordination System (SPC & GDAC) Radar HD provides information about tropical storms and hurricanes for locations worldwide, areas affected by storms and severe weather, coordinates and wind speed, storm tracks & path projections.
Satellite images provide an excellent view on the clouds in the sky and an indication of the weather over the United states, Europe, Japan, Australia and Indonesia.
Satellite images come from satellites which remain above a fixed point on the Earth (i.e. they are “geostationary”). Lighter areas of cloud show where the cloud tops are cooler and therefore where weather features like fronts and shower clouds are.
The app also allows you to check the weather on your favorite places on maps. Interactive map includes live international weather conditions, local weather and time, ten-day forecasts and sunrise/sunset times for multiple places. You can add placemarks on the map to represent your favorite places or the places you’d like to visit. At a glance you can see the time and weather for all of your favorites.
* [NEW] Predictive weather radar
* [NEW] Simulated radar prediction for the next 60 minutes using five-minute intervals
* The real time radar images provided by NEXRAD an accurate view of the weather situation in the U.S.
* Storm / hurricane / typhoon tracker and projected paths (International and Global)
* All severe weather alerts on interactive map, 126 weather alert types (U.S.)
* High resolution weather radar. Stunning and sharp images. (U.S.)
* Animated satellite images of cloud cover (U.S., E.U., Japan, Australia)
* Current weather conditions directly on the map. 130,000 locations worldwide.
* Current weather details and ten-day forecast in pop-up window.
* three different layers to get the weather: ground stations, radar and satellite.
* zoom in and out, drag and scroll
* play, pause animations at any zoom level
* displays current position on the map
* saves and restores your last position
* adjustable radar image quality for Wi-Fi and cellular connections
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.