Watch the trailer
Complex slash-based combat. As you encounter the flames, you'll start enemy battles. Things get complicated as you face off against multiple foes at once. Use strategy to scope out the bigger threats and eliminate them first. Swipe to attack and parry, and fill up that Focus gauge for the opportunity to get Severed mode for those valuable monster limbs for upgrades.
Dungeon crawling. Explore the nightmarish world of Severed by navigating from room to room and solving puzzles along the way. But watch out for those flames, because you're not alone in there...
Powerful upgrades. As you defeat your foes, make sure to max out that Focus gauge so you can activate Severed Mode. This means that after an enemy is defeated, you can take a few seconds to cut off it's limbs and use them for upgrading Sasha. This is important, since you need to become stronger on your quest to overcome the darkness and find your family.
What is it about?
Prepare to slice limbs off of your opponent, and use those limbs to become stronger, as you battle through a nightmarish world in Severed. The game delivers familiar mechanics in an all new adventure that is packed with style. Severed offers the core slicing style of Fruit Ninja integrated with the battle components of Infinity Blade to make for an accessible style. The game is familiar, yet fully fleshed out as an all new touch based adventure pitting you as a one armed warrior in search of her family.
For those who...
- Like Legend of Zelda, Castlevania, and Etrian Odyssey games
- Enjoy action adventure dungeon crawling RPGs
- Like games with dark tones and themes
Not for those who...
- Are squeamish about limbs and body parts from demons
- Don't like challenging games
- Are looking for a casual game
Why we love it
Severed is gorgeous, challenging, and has a complex battle system that involves strategy and skill. It's a great addition to your game collection.
App Store Description
** Winner of Apple Design Award 2017 **
** Apple iPad Game of the Year 2016 **
Take control of a one-armed warrior named Sasha, wielding a living sword on her journey through a nightmare world in search of her family.
----- ACCOLADES -----
• "Apple Design Award 2017", Apple
• "iPad Game of the Year 2016", Apple
• "Best Mobile Game of 2016", Destructoid
• "Best Mobile Game + Best Musical Score", Canadian Video Game Awards 2016
• "Battery Park Award for Best Handheld Game", 2017 New York Game Awards
• "Handheld Game of the Year -- Nominee", 20th Annual D.I.C.E. Awards
• "Mobile Game of the Year -- Nominee", 2017 SXSW Gaming Awards
• "Best Mobile Game -- Nominee", The Game Awards 2016
• "5 best mobile games of 2016", GameSpot
• "Best Mobile Game of 2016 -- Nominee", IGN
• "10 best video games of 2016", Mashable
"Severed is a super compelling game that looks great. Its mechanics go to surprising depths and the sword-swiping combat feels fantastic on iOS." 5/5 - 148Apps
"With great game mechanics, unique artwork and tough to master gameplay, Severed is well worthy of your time." 8/10 - Post Arcade
"Severed is just a game that's all-around cool. Its aesthetic is top-notch, its combat is deep and engaging." 5/5 - TouchArcade
----- KEY FEATURES -----
• Dungeon Combat: Master offensive and defensive touch combat techniques to survive intense battles against a menagerie of enemies.
• Severing: Best enemies in combat for a chance at severing their body parts -- then wear them to gain new powers or consume them to upgrade your equipment and abilities.
• Exploration: Follow branching routes through the unknown, using your wits to avoid hazards and solve puzzles.
• Award-Winning Soundtrack: Immerse yourself in the haunting original score from Juno- and Polaris-nominated band YAMANTAKA // SONIC TITAN, featuring Pantayo.
• Graphical optimizations for Metal-enabled devices
• Gameplay video recording with ReplayKit (requires Metal-enabled device running iOS 9+)
• Multiple difficulty modes
• Game Center Achievements
• Cloud Save
• iMessage Sticker Pack (requires iOS 10)
• 3D Touch support (3D Touch-enabled device required)
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.