Stack and go. In the main game, kids will need to answer a number of different questions about the 50 states, including capitals and much more. They’ll need to stack the states they win past a certain line to win.
A state of knowledge. Along with a number of fun games, children can also learn more about each state. They can zoom in and view major cities, important landmarks, and the elevation throughout the state.
Learning in a flash. The interactive flash cards also provide another way to learn the important geography information like a state flag, nickname, landmarks, and more.
What is it about?
Designed for children 9 to 11, the app does a wonderful job in bringing the subject to life. There are two main parts of the app - a section with four different geography games and a learning area with an awesome interactive map and flash cards. One of the best features of the sequel is the map. For each state, kids can take a look at major cities, landmarks, and a 3-D elevation view.
For those who...
- Interested in learning more about the 50 states in the U.S. Enjoy playing fun and interesting mini-games.
Not for those who...
- Don't need or want to learn more about U.S. geography.
Why we love it
The animated states make all the difference in Stack the States 2. By allowing kids to tap and move them around, the app helps kids learn about the states in a colorful and playful environment. In other words, Stack the States enables children to learn about geographical borders without the boredom. It really does help the important subject come to life in a fun and exciting way.
App Store Description
Watch the states come to life as you learn US geography!
Stack the States® is back and better than ever with new question types, new bonus games, voice mode, 3D graphics and a detailed interactive map!
As you learn state capitals, cities, shapes, landmarks, flags and more, you can actually touch, move and drop the animated states anywhere on the screen. Carefully build a stack of states that reaches the checkered line to win each level.
You earn a new state for every successfully completed level. All of your states appear on your own personalized map of the United States. Try to collect all 50! As you earn more states, you begin to unlock the free bonus games: Map It, Connect 2 and Capital Tap. Four games in one!
What’s new in Stack the States® 2:
- New question types
- New bonus games: Connect 2 and Capital Tap
- New voice mode that helps non-readers play independently
- Brand new interactive map featuring major cities and a 3D elevation view of each state
- Beautiful 3D graphics
- 10 different 3D scenes depicting various locations in the US
- 3D models of over 90 US landmarks
Plus, all the great features that you loved from the original Stack the States®:
- 50 flash cards — one for each state
- Hundreds of unique questions
- Up to six player profiles
- A personalized map of the US
- Fun sound effects and music
- Works on both iPhone and iPad - a universal app
Stack the States® 2 is an educational app for all ages that's actually FUN to play. Try it now and enjoy four games for the price of one!
Stack the States® 2:
- Does not contain 3rd party ads.
- Does not contain in-app purchases.
- Does not contain integration with social networks.
- Does not use 3rd party analytics / data collection tools.
- Does include links to apps by Dan Russell-Pinson in the iTunes App Store (via Performance Horizon).
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org and your information will be removed.