Check the details on WatchAware
What is it about?
StarMap 3D+ not only provides information on stars, planets, and constellations, but includes real-time positioning of the International Space Station and the Hubble Space Telescope. The app is educational for those new to astronomy and helpful to those advanced on the topic. Lift your device to identify a sky object and the compass will align the map automatically.
For those who...
- Enjoy learning about astronomy
- Are fascinated with the cosmos
Not for those who...
- Are not interested in astronomy
- Prefer their current astronomy app
Why we love it
StarMap 3D+: Night Sky, Astronomy, Star View Guide is the perfect star atlas for anyone interested in astronomy.
App Store Description
Use your iPhone's compass and gyroscope to find planets, constellations, satellites, and more with crisp, colorful, high-definition Retina graphics that use every pixel of your iPhone or iPad! Hold the universe in your pocket!
StarMap 3D Plus is the portable star atlas for beginners or advanced astronomers. Use StarMap 3D Plus to find the planets, stars, constellations, star clusters, galaxies, and nebulae visible to you based on your location and time. StarMap 3D will even use the compass to automatically align the map!
• Real-time positions of 150 artificial satellites, including the International Space Station (ISS), and the Hubble Space Telescope
• iPad Support
• Over 100,000 stars, with detailed information for each of them
• 6,441 deep sky objects, with details such as distance from Earth, diameter, apparent size and orientation, and morphology
• All 88 modern constellations, with lines based on the outlines from "The Stars: A New Way to See Them" by H.A. Rey
• MacRobert and Classic constellation lines also available
• Location-based-services (LBS) / Global Positioning System (GPS) support, or manually enter your longitude and latitude
• Adjustable date and time of day
• Also adjust time instantaneously and interactively with the Time Scroll feature
• Compass support, if present
• Planetarium Mode for seeing only objects visible to you, or browse the entire celestial sphere
• 3D Mode for visualizing the universe in three dimensions