Watch the trailer
Plenty of action. You'll unlock various characters and areas along your quest to find out what's happening in Hawkins.
Tough enemies to overcome. You'll face some pretty beefy foes, and have to find a way to defeat them.
Tricky puzzles to figure out. Almost everything in Stranger Things is a puzzle of some sort.
What is it about?
Visually, Stranger Things: The Game is full of beautiful retro graphics, just as you'd expect it would. After all, the first season takes place in the 1980s, the golden age of gaming. Even the icon resembles an old NES cartridge, which I adore. And while the pixel art style of the Stranger Things game feels classic, there's still a lot of details and textures packed in this digital rendition of Hawkins, Indiana.
For those who...
- love retro gaming
- are fans of the TV series Stranger Things
Not for those who...
- don't like pixel-art games
- don't play games at all
Why we love it
Children of the 80s, like me, have fond memories of pixel-art games. Of course, even the younger generation loves these retro looks at what gaming used to be. Stranger Things: the Game brings plenty of that, with graphics, sounds, and effects that hail back to those early days of video gaming. Of course, if you're a fan of Stranger Things, the television series, you'll want to check this game out. All of your favorite characters are included, and there's even a never-before-seen trailer for the series that you can unlock if you solve enough puzzles. The game offers more than 10 hours of gameplay, with six dungeons to explore and over 30 quests. Even better, there aren't any in-app purchases, so this isn't a way for the producers to grab money from you.
App Store Description
Stranger Things is back! Prepare for Season 2 of the award winning show by joining Hopper and the kids on a new, action-packed adventure.
• It's 1984 all over again. Experience an action adventure game just like the ones our heroes would have played back in the day.
• Explore Hawkins and its surroundings. See your favorite locations like Mirkwood Forest and Hawkins Lab. Uncover exciting areas you've never seen before!
• Solve puzzles with the unique abilities of each character. Lucas can nail anything with his Wrist Rocket. Nancy has an entire collection of bats to swing this time.
• Collect all the Eggos and Gnomes you can lay your hands on. You never know what they might unlock...
• Compete with your friends' Speed Run times on leaderboards and social media.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.