What is it about?
TextPlus was the original text messaging third-party app, offering free texting, picture messaging, and a free U.S. phone number for nearly a decade. It offers messaging to any U.S. or Canadian number, including text, pictures, or group chat. It works over Wi-Fi, so you don't need a cellular connection. You can even call for free to anyone who has the textPlus app.
Why we love it
If you've got an iPad, iPod touch, or other device that you don't want to link to your cellular device, textPlus allows you to turn that device into a phone for free. TextPlus is especially nice for having a way to make phone calls when cellular coverage is spotty, and it offers inexpensive international calling.
textPlus supports Siri commands
textPlus is FREE but there are more add-ons
$1.99 in Calling Credits
Premium Number - 1 Year
99¢ in textPlus Credit
$0.99 in Calling Credits
$5.49 in Calling Credits
Unlimited Calling US & Canada
Remove Ads (1 year)
$10.99 in Calling Credits
App Store Description
Bringing you free texting, free picture messaging, calling and a free US phone number for nearly a decade! Works over WiFi or data to keep you connected with family and friends around the globe.
Textplus gives you:
- A free US Phone number so friends can call & text you (you pick the area code)
- Free texting (SMS, MMS + group chat) to any US or Canadian mobile number.
- Ability to call worldwide
- Free texting and calling textPlus-to-textPlus (70 million people have downloaded textPlus).
- Works great over WiFi so you don’t even need a 3G/4G connection.
- No contracts, no “surprise” costs.
Why keep paying for expensive mobile phone plans when you can switch to textPlus and save $$$!
textPlus is also perfect for:
- WiFi texting and calling.
- Turning your iPad, iPod or Tablet into a phone.
- Replacing your home phone, especially for those with bad cell coverage.
- Keeping in touch with friends and family around the world.
- Cheap International calling.
- World travelers who don’t want to deal with expensive international calling plans or SIM cards.
- Saving tons of money on your cell phone plan.
Free Messaging and Calls:
- Call or message any other textPlus user in the world for free.
- Get a free phone number that you can use for free SMS texting to any US or Canadian mobile number.
- Group chat with your friends.
Your Global Phone. Free & cheap calls anywhere in the world:
- Make HD-quality calls from any WiFi, 3G or 4G connection.
- Save up to 10x on international calling vs. major carriers and other calling services.
- No up-front costs, contracts or hidden fees.
One textPlus account across all of your screens:
- Your textPlus inbox lives in the cloud, so your conversations are always in sync.
- Receive incoming calls and messages on any of your devices.
IN APP SUBSCRIPTION DETAILS
- NUMLock for 1 year $1.99 / Remove Banner Ads for 1 month $0.99/ Remove Banner Ads for 1 year $5.99 / Unlimited Ad-Free calls to Mexico (landlines) for 1 month $6.99/ Unlimited Ad-Free Calls to Mexico (mobile) for 1 month $29.99/ Unlimited Ad-Free calls to US & Canada for 1 year $19.99
- If you choose to subscribe to a plan, you will be charged a price according to the plan selected in your country. The price will be shown in the app before you complete the payment.
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of your current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, at the purchase price listed above
- You may manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your iTunes Account Settings and then “Manage Subscriptions”
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription
- We do not Support 911 in the US
- In order to call for free any number in the US and Canada you need to earn free minutes (or purchase credits) within the App
- Free calls to numbers in the US are subject to some limitations, please see Nextplus Terms and Conditions
- If Push notification is not enabled, you may not receive messages and calls
Ads By Facebook:
Facebook wants to show ads that are relevant to you. We may consider ads for you based on information you share on Facebook and your use of other websites and apps. To learn more about this type of advertising and your choices about it, visit https://www.facebook.com/about/ads.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.