Check the details on WatchAware
What is it about?
From the experts, The Weather Channel app has everything you need to make your outdoor or travel plans. Enable your location and the home screen will provide detailed current conditions for your spot. You can receive severe weather alerts so that you are always prepared and check the Doppler radar maps for what’s on the way. Check the forecast for the next hour or even the upcoming week and get the weather news you need.
For those who...
- Are fans of The Weather Channel on TV
- Like apps with forecasts, radar maps, and alerts
Not for those who...
- Dislike The Weather Channel
- Prefer their current weather app
Why we love it
The Weather Channel app gives you the basic details you want with extras when you need them. From forecasts to radar to alerts, the app has it all.
The Weather Channel is FREE but there are more add-ons
App Store Description
The Weather Channel App for iPhone is your best option for accurate forecasts and timely local weather alerts. Make confident decisions this spring, whether you are planning for the day, the entire week or the next 15 days!
KNOW THE WEATHER ANYWHERE, RIGHT NOW
• Forecasts: Hourly, daily, weekly, weekend and 15-day forecasts.
• Cognitive Home Screen: Changes based on your current location, weather, and time of day, so you get your current conditions plus the weather info you need most.
• Hurricane Central: Monitor tropical storms and hurricanes and get safety and preparedness tips. When a tropical storm or hurricane forms, track it and stay safe with Hurricane Central.
• Detailed Current Conditions: Get “feels like” temperature, humidity, wind speed, and more.
• Weather Maps: Fast-loading radar maps show past and future doppler radar.
• Severe Weather Alerts: Stay safe with real-time National Weather Service notifications of severe weather including severe weather warnings about lightning, hail, flooding and severe storms.
PLAN YOUR OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES WITH CONFIDENCE
• Need weather information to help plan for road trips, picnics, camping or hiking? – the app lets you track and read detailed weather information in multiple locations around the world.
• Dress, pack and plan appropriately – know the rain and wind forecasts, tides, sunrise and sunset times, phases of the moon and even pollen counts!
• Get high-risk allergy alerts directly from the home screen, links to allergy insights, and a daily pollen outlook with our improved allergy tracker.
• GoRun Forecast: Like to run? Now you can create a personalized GoRun Forecast to help you answer questions like “When should I run?” “What should I wear?” “How far should I go?” Scroll to the Outdoors module in our app to try it out, and let us know what you think at [email protected]
FREE DETAILED WEATHER PROGRAMMING & FEATURES 24/7
• Watch our morning show “The Lift”: a 6-minute weather show that airs first on your app. Join Domenica Davis as she covers breaking weather, cool science, and amazing nature clips first thing in the morning. Available on your home screen weekdays from 6-11 a.m. Great for people on the go!
• Weather News: From severe storms to straight-up bizarre weather occurrences, we’ll keep you up to date.
• Stunning Imagery: Amazing background photos match your current weather conditions.
• Sponsors allow us to bring you The Weather Channel app for free
For those of you who want an ad-free version of our weather app, it is here! Our iOS app includes a $3.99 in-app purchase to remove all ads for 1 year. Simply go to the Settings menu in the app to complete the purchase.
WEATHER ALERT APPLE WATCH INTEGRATION
• Get precise weather updates, rain and lightning alerts and more of your favorite features right from your Apple Watch.
• Watch Glances: To activate The Weather Channel Glance, open the Apple Watch App on your iPhone, go to the "Glances" section, click "edit," and add "The Weather."
To activate the new The Weather Channel watch face complication, press firmly on the watch face that displays the time and tap "customize." Then browse to the complication showing an umbrella icon.
THE WEATHER CHANNEL ON THE WEB AND SOCIAL MEDIA
Forgot your phone? Access many of the top app features on the web, wherever you go: find us at weather.com, like us on facebook.com/theweatherchannel, and follow us on Twitter @weatherchannel.
We love feedback! If you love our weather app, please rate and review us in the App Store. If you have questions or suggestions, please email us at [email protected] with any suggestions or questions.