Check the details on WatchAware
What is it about?
Timelines – Time Tracking provides a nice array of features allowing you to track your time from your device or your wrist. Start and stop the timer with a tap, use the interactive timeline for scrolling and zooming, and open the Home screen widget for quick actions. The app has a simple interface and is available on Apple Watch.
For those who...
- Like time trackers with a widget and Apple Watch support
- Prefer time tracking tools with export functions
Not for those who...
- Would rather use a free time tracking app
- Prefer their current time tracking tool
Why we love it
Timelines – Time Tracking makes keeping track of the time you record super easy. Set up different timelines for various events or activities and time your tasks with a tap.
App Store Description
Time is the most precious resource that we have in our lives. The way you decide to spend your time has a paramount effect on your life.
I personally wasn't happy about the way I was spending my time, so I decided to build a tool to help myself and others figure out a way to become more efficient. Timelines has been enabling me and other users understand where our time is actually going, helping us improve our routines and achieve more in our lives. I sincerely believe it can do the same for you.
– Lukas Petr, independent developer of Timelines
Timelines has been featured by Apple in New Apps We Love section, and highlighted on Product Hunt, 9To5Mac, MacStories, WatchAware and AppAdvice.
The steps: 1. Track your time, 2. See where it goes, 3. Improve your routine, 4. Repeat
The main features of Timelines
• Onboarding – Initial sequence and popovers will guide you through the process of getting set up.
• Track any activity – You can create a 'timeline' for anything you want. Just type a name, pick a color and you're ready to start tracking it.
• Quick time tracking – You can start and stop timers with just 1 tap.
• Today widget – Save yourself time by starting timers directly from the lock screen. Just swipe left and tap to start a specific timer.
• Interactive timeline – See the big picture of weeks and months or the nitty gritty details of specific days.
• Statistics – See where your time goes on a pie chart. Quickly change interval by scrolling on the timeline.
• Reminders – Help yourself get into the habit of using timers. Get notified to start/stop timers after a certain time of activity/inactivity. You can also act on reminders directly in the notification, or mute them for the rest of the day.
• Exporting to file – Export to highly visual PDF which is ready to be printed, or CSV which is perfect for further processing.
• Prompting – If you want more detailed records, you can assign names to each tracked event.
• Simultaneous timers – If you go all in on time tracking, there can be situations when you need to track two things at once. For example: listening to podcasts while cooking dinner.
• Untracked time in Statistics – If you decide to track most of what you're doing, with this option you can see how much time is unaccounted for.
• Color-based approach – You can assign specific color to each activity, which makes visualizations easy to grasp.
• Set start of the week – Sunday, Monday or any other day.
• Archive old timelines – Keep your list of activities current and relevant by archiving old timelines.
• Change Time format – Choose from hours and minutes, hours decimal; or days, hours and minutes.
• App badge - Timelines icon on your home screen can show a red badge when a time tracking is active.
• Filter projects visible on the timeline to drill down on specific ones or see them all at once.
Apple Watch app
With Timelines for Apple Watch, you can quickly start and stop timers directly on your wrist.
• Complication – Launch the watch app quickly and see timer progress directly on your watch face.
• Haptic feedback – Helps you build up the habit of using timers on the watch.
• Set event names using dictation, or choose from recent ones.
• Change start time and end time of timers with the digital crown.
Timelines is for freelancers, students, business owners and simply anyone with flexible schedule who is highly motivated and eager to get more out of her own time.
Make today the day you start taking control of your time. After downloading Timelines, you'll get set up in just a few minutes. And after a couple of days of tracking, you will already start uncovering some useful learnings about your time management.
I love building Timelines, and a big part of my vision is to listen closely to users and incorporate their feedback. If you have any questions or suggestions, please reach out to me at
– Lukas Petr, Independent developer of Timelines