Pick your genre. With 12 music genres to choose from, you can select and switch any time. From blues to country to rock to jazz, just pick your favorite and listen. If you do not like a song, you can just hit Skip to move onto the next one. But, if you hear one you like, you can share it right from the main screen.
Check your weather. The app displays basic weather details for your current conditions along with a photo background to match. You will see your location, the temperature, and if it is cloudy or clear. You can switch between Fahrenheit and Celsius depending on your location and preference.
View the video. When a song plays, you can see the title and artist and there is an option to pop open the YouTube video at the bottom of the screen. So, you can watch as well as listen. Both the video and song can conveniently be paused if needed.
What is it about?
WeatherTunes is an attractive app for getting your weather conditions quickly, but brings the concept of music discovery to your fingertips at the same time. So, if you are looking for something a bit different in a weather app and love listening to new tunes, this is one to check out.
For those who...
- Like basic apps to show current weather conditions
- Would like to discover new music
Not for those who...
- Prefer full-featured weather apps with details and forecasts
- Do not care to have music mixed with weather in one app
Why we love it
When you combine your current weather conditions with music discovery you get WeatherTunes. This cool new app provides playlists based on the genre you choose and that match your weather. So, whether it is sunny and sweltering or cloudy and cold, you will have music to match.
WeatherTunes Music has stickers
WeatherTunes Music is FREE but there are more add-ons
App Store Description
Weather based music video stations that uses every aspect of your surrounding day to play mood & tempo controlled playlists. Great for music discovery!
Do you tend to like Icelandic Metal on sunny days, but have a thing for Indie Rock when it rains? Maybe you even dig Classic Rock on humid afternoons? WeatherTunes Music is deeply connected to the rhythm of your day.
WeatherTunes Music will fine-tune to your likes and dislikes. If it notices, for example, you skipped a large amount of contemporary r&b songs, and marked a lot of classic r&b songs as favorites, it will adjust and start playing more classic r&b for you. All while matching the mood and tempo to your surrounding day.
No email needed. No login required. No thinking, just hit play and go.
- Continuously updating music as the weather changes throughout the day
- At a glance information on the weather using the colors on the weather bar. White is clear skies, the darker the grey, the cloudier it is, and the deeper the blue, the rainer it is.
- Down to the hour detailed information on precipitation, wind speed and humidity, when you swipe your finger over the weather bar.
- Choose from eleven genres, or just hit play and go by choosing the 'Smart Station'.
- Swipe up and watch the video.
- Choose your own color theme.
- Better than radio!
- WeatherTunes uses the the best quality video provided when on wifi, the best being 720p. When on a data connection it defaults to 360p, but switches to 240p if the connection is slow.**
* WeatherTunes does not cache any songs, and is at its best when using a wifi connection, or a strong data signal.
** At 360p a full hour of music will use aprox 260mb. At 240p, the number is 162mb
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.