by Joe White
December 9, 2010
CAPCOM has just released Dead Rising Mobile; a zombie-bashing game for iOS. Currently, the recently released application is available in the App Store for $4.99 (for a limited time only). Dead Rising Mobile allows players to take control of Frank West; a journalist trapped in a mall overrun with the undead. In order for Frank to survive, iOS gamers must use any weapon available to lay waste to the zombie horde. Fortunately, in a mall, makeshift weapons are pretty easy to come by. As CAPCOM states in the app's release notes:
Currently, Dead Rising Mobile is not a universal app. However, CAPCOM has noted that native iPad compatibility is coming in a future update. As noted, Dead Rising Mobile is currently selling at the special introductory price of $4.99. So, if you've been planning on checking this app out, be sure to download it before the price increases. And, if you do, let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
- Survive in a shopping mall overrun with an army of undead where everything and anything is a weapon.
- Just because it’s a zombie apocalypse doesn’t mean you can’t be social. If you fall to the shambling hoard you can send out a distress call via Facebook or Twitter to your friends. If your friends revive you, they will get extra bonus point. If they don't you can rise as a "NAMED ZOMBIE" in their game. Help each other to survive in this nightmare!!
- Move environmental objects like tables or garbage cans
- Chow down on various "mall food" to revive health.
- Snatch items from different stores to use as weapons, including golf clubs, fry pans and more!
- Context sensitive controls pop up as need [sic] allowing you to perform complex actions with a tap of the button.
DEAD RISING MOBILE