by Joe White
March 18, 2011
FileMaker, Inc.'s popular iOS application, Bento, has recently received an update. Now, users of the application can enjoy support for iOS 4 (multitasking and high resolution icons), support for Bento 4 for Mac, and a variety of other new features and improvements. Undoubtedly, support for multitasking is a long overdue addition to the app - and for this reason, users of Bento will certainly appreciate this update. Besides support for iOS 4, the other major feature of this version (1.1.1) involves support for Bento 4 for Mac, which is available in the Mac App Store for $49.99. Here's a complete list of new features, taken from the app's release notes:
Currently, both the iPhone and iPad versions of Bento are available to download for $4.99. Check out the updated versions, and let us know your thoughts in the comments.
- Synchronizes with Bento 4 for Mac, sold separately at http://store.filemaker.com.
- Includes the ability to record and store Voice Memos in media fields.
- Supports new features introduced with Bento 4 for Mac, including location fields and simple list data types.
- Supports features introduced with new versions of iOS, including multitasking, high-resolution icons and printing of PDFs stored in media fields.
- Related data fields can now be created and edited on the iPhone.
- Address Book and iCal Tasks library synchronization can now be turned off in device Settings.
- iCal Tasks are now synchronized via Bento 4 for Mac.
- Supports Landscape mode.
- Supports full-screen viewing of PDFs stored in media fields.
- Includes localized versions that run in French, Italian, German, Spanish, Dutch and Japanese
Bento for iPad