April 26, 2011
Just two weeks after being released for the iPhone/iPod touch, the Tweetbot app has received its first update. Version 1.0.2 is a maintenance release and addresses some performance issues. Created by Tapbots, Tweetbot – A Twitter Client with Personality, now includes support for Posterous uploading and Readability. In addition, retweets are now shown in a user’s timeline. Other new features include:
Tweetbot is a nice Twitter app with a modern interface. However, as we said previously, it is not without its faults. For one, it doesn’t include push notifications. For another, there is no iPad version. Still, for those looking for an iPhone Twitter client, Tweetbot is a great choice and priced right at $1.99.
- Fixed sluggish feeling in app after days of use
- Fixed issues in the Lists tab
- Moved profile view from Accounts view to a new optional tab
- Added user tweet count in profile view
- Disabled publish button when no text is entered
- Translations now determined by language, not region format
- Trends now show hashtags as well
- Double-tapping the timeline and mentions tab button now mark as read (like in DMs)
- Many bug fixes.