by Joe White
May 20, 2011
The best selling board game - Ticket to Ride - has recently hit the iPad App Store, where it is available to download for $6.99. Besides offering a digital version of the popular game, Ticket to Ride also features an online multiplayer mode and Game Center support. As outlined in the app's release notes, features of Ticket to Ride include:
Undoubtedly, while I'm sure Ticket to Ride's single player mode will entertain iPad owners for hours and hours, the app's multiplayer mode is definitely an exciting feature. As mentioned, "tens of thousands" of PC, Mac and iOS gamers play the game each and every day - meaning iPad owners will always be able to find an online competitor. Furthermore, for this week only (in celebration of the app's launch), all three expansion packs are available for just $0.99 each as part of a "three for $3" offer. Currently, the app itself is available to download for $6.99. Check out Ticket to Ride, and let us know your thoughts in the comments.
- Alan R. Moon’s official Ticket to Ride maps with original artwork
- Game Center and Days of Wonder Online support for Online Play against other iPad, Mac and PC gamers
- An unparalleled online player community with tens of thousands of live opponents willing and ready to play 24/7!
- Solo play against up to 4 AI players
- Additional maps of Europe, Switzerland and USA 1910 available as in-game purchases
- Terrific iPad video tutorial with voice acting for quick and easy learning
- Detailed, interactive turn-by-turn, in-game tutorial
- Contextual in-game Conductor’s Notes (web-based rules) to help you master all the maps
- Grand Central Station, a fully-animated and colorful experience to discover the world of Ticket to Ride
- Online and offline Hall of Fame