by Joe White
July 2, 2011
Verbs ($2.99), the instant messaging application for the iPhone and iPod touch, has recently received an update. The new version (2.0) brings a variety of changes - however, if you want two of the best new features, you're going to have to pay a little extra. Fans of the application will be pleased to learn that support for push notifications, and the ability to leave the app "logged-in" for seven days are now accessible. A $4.99 in-app purchase will upgrade you to "Verbs Pro," adding both of these coveted features. However, if you're not willing to upgrade (this wouldn't be unreasonable, considering the app is already $2.99), a variety of other features have been added in the update, which can be accessed for free. As outlined in the app's release notes, they are:
Currently, Verbs can be purchased for $2.99, and to "go-Pro" will cost an additional $4.99. Let us know your thoughts on the recently updated app in the comments.
- The text entry field in the chat grows with text.
- Send chat logs via email.
- Send links in received messages to Instapaper for reading later.
- Horizontal swipe action in the chat view to switch between chats.
- Tap and hold the unified accounts cell to sign in/out of all accounts.
- Pinch gesture to zoom out a conversation.
- Faster buddy list scrolling.
- Now displays AIM buddies "Mobile" status with blue icon.
- Shows buddy presence above the chat previews.
- Fixed the delay when the buddy list favorite header is tapped.
- Resets the keyboard to display alphabets after sending a message.
- Fixed issues with uploading pictures taken from camera.
- Bug fixes and better memory management.