November 18, 2011
Ticket to Ride Pocket, the iPhone and iPod Touch version of the hit board game, is available now in the App Store. The title supports solo play, local pass-and-play and local Wi-Fi/Bluetooth. Created by Days Of Wonder, Ticket to Ride first arrived exclusively on the iPad in May. Almost immediately, the game became a top-seller, both in its category and in the App Store in general. While Ticket to Ride Pocket looks very much like the existing iPad game, there are two deliberate omissions. According to the game’s iTunes page:
We purposefully kept Online play out of Ticket to Ride Pocket to focus exclusively on a great SOLO and LOCAL network play implementation. We care deeply about the Ticket to Ride Online player experience, and are unwilling to compromise it with the issues inherent to mobile play (impromptu phone calls, spotty cellular coverage, etc.)In addition, the game will not include maps of Europe and Switzerland as in-app purchases. Again, like on the iPad.
The other maps (Europe, Switzerland) offered in Ticket to Ride for iPad have a level of detail (placing train stations in cities, etc.) that does not lend itself well to the screen size of current mobile devices. Rather than provide a sub-par game experience, we chose to keep those out.Features include:
Both Ticket to Ride Pocket ($.99) and Ticket to Ride ($6.99) are available now in the App Store.
- A SOLO and PASS-and-PLAY version of the US map that made the original Ticket to Ride board game so compelling and popular (2 million copies and counting...)
- LOCAL play support over a same Wi-Fi or Bluetooth network, making it perfect for a game-on-the-go between friends
- 20 uniquely fun Game Achievements you can win while playing SOLO!
- Distinct leader boards showing your highest scores in 2-3 and 4-5 player modes and on Game Center
- Four distinct AI personalities to compete against
- A new under 2 minute Tutorial video, custom-shot for the iPhone & iPod Touch
Ticket to Ride Pocket
Days Of Wonder, Inc.
Ticket to Ride
Days Of Wonder, Inc.