by Joe White
December 31, 2011
Pocket Lists ($2.99) is a fully featured to-do application that has recently appeared in the App Store. Though a number of other GTD apps are already available, the reasonable price, design and feature-set of Pocket Lists makes it something rather more interesting that just another run-of-the-mill to-do application. As outlined in the app's release notes, features of Pocket Lists include:
Furthermore, Pocket Lists boasts a number of "power features" which include the following:
- To-do lists
- Quick add
- Multiline to-do presentation
- To-do stream presenting all in priority & due order
- Priorities, due dates, due times, notes
- Repeating to-dos
- Notifications (iOS 4.2 or higher)
- Passlocked lists
- Copy & Paste add of multiple to-dos
- Send lists via email
- Duplicate lists
- Beautiful icons
- Color-coded lists
- Lovely UI
- To-do search
- Backup & Restore (via iTunes file sharing)
If you're displeased with your current to-do client or don't yet use one, consider purchasing and downloading Pocket Lists. As mentioned, it's currently available in the App Store for $2.99.
- “Meeting tomorrow morning”, “car service saturday 7pm”, “prepare christmas gift list on dec 20”, “cinema fri night”: Pocket Lists automatically understands due date from your input. Talk with the app the way you talk with a real person. (Requires iOS 4.0 or higher.)
- OCR: Built-in Optical Character Recognition mechanism allows you to create to-do lists from real photos taken from your iPhone. Awesome for checklists based on what you find in print media (e.g. cookbook recipes). Supported languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian.
- iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S are recommended for OCR because of the higher camera quality.
- Sync with Google Tasks, Toodledo and Calendar app (iOS 4.0 or higher). All syncs can be enabled in the app simultaneously thus making Pocket Lists a great to-do aggregator.
- “Multiplayer”: collaborate on your lists via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth without Internet connection (based on Apple's Gamekit engine). A perfect way to go shopping with your spouse, or to pack luggage together!