March 16, 2012
A little earlier this month, we shared the news that Jetpack Joyride v1.3 is on the way. The overall content to be included in the update was already discussed, but today, Halfbrick Studios has provided even more upcoming gadget news for fans. To recap, Jetpack Joyride v1.3 will be available in April and contains lots of new gadgets for you to use. These new items will be available in the Stash store, so start saving up those coins. Unlike the neat jetpacks and suits you can outfit Barry with, this new equipment goes beyond aesthetics. The first gadgets unveiled by the Legitimate Research laboratory were as follows:
- Air Barrys - Leap gracefully over obstacles with these designer sneakers.
- Ezy-Dodge Missiles - If you're going to play a game of chicken with a missile, make sure it's an Ezy-Dodge!
- Free Ride - Stop off at the motor pool before smashing through the laboratory wall. Why didn't Barry think of this earlier?
- Freeze-O-Matic - There's no better way to cool down after a hard run than being snap-frozen in a solid block of ice. It also helps you slide a few extra meters.
- Gemology - A special Blingification technique that converts coins into high-value Gems. For some reason it only works on coins minted in 1985.
- Nerd Repellent - The patent-pending formula is so potent that the whole laboratory had to be abandoned.