by Tommy Ly
April 26, 2012
After weeks of literally being teased with bits and pieces of the major update to Halfbrick Studios' insanely popular Jetpack Joyride, we are pleased to inform you that the wait is over! Version 1.3 is finally here, and with it, comes 15 game changing gadgets for Barry to use on his joyride. We won't give all of them away, but as outlined in the app's release notes, some of Barry's new gadgets include:
If, somehow, you haven't heard of Jetpack Joyride, it is essentially an endless game. You must fly as far as you can, while using whatever is in your arsenal to take out the bad guys below, all while dodging dangerous obstacles. Along your joyous flight, you'll be able to collect power-ups, weapons, vehicles, and other gadgets to help intensify the game. In addition to Barry's new gadgets, the version 1.3 update brings new achievements, stats, and new gadget-related missions. Jetpack Joyride is available for free in the App Store and is a universal app. If you're still reading, then stop right now and head to the App Store for this ridiculously addictive game!
- AIR BARRYS - Keep running into zappers? Then slip these designer sneakers on and they will help you leap gracefully over obstacles like never before!
- NERD REPELLANT - Guaranteed to keep scientists at home sick for the day!
- INSTA-BALL - Bounce off the floor instead of going splat. Apart from reducing head-aches, the INSTA-BALL is great for gaining a few extra meters.
- FREEZE-O-MATIC - What better way to cool down after a long ride than to be snap frozen in ice. Also good for gaining those precious extra few meters.
- X-RAY SPECS - Both fashionable and functional. Great for looking inside things and at things that you are not supposed to see!