May 16, 2012
Following the big VNC Viewer v2.0 update in November 2011, RealVNC has fixed several issues and made small alterations to features. Before we get into the latest update details, we'll do a quick recap of v2.0.1 and v2.0.2, released mid-December and late January. The updates primarily focus on correcting problems, but do add one feature: logging. Logging is enabled within the VNC Viewer pane of the iOS Settings, and logs can be exported using iTunes File Sharing. All changes for the two updates are listed below:
- Connection information can now be logged to files available when a device connects to iTunes.
- The VNC Viewer version number is now available from Settings > VNC Viewer.
- FIXED: Connections to VNC Free Edition or to community VNC-compatible Server projects are now more reliable.
- FIXED: The performance of VNC Viewer has been improved across slower networks.
- FIXED: VNC Viewer now enables you to control the mouse cursor more responsively.
- FIXED: VNC Viewer no longer unexpectedly terminates a connection on switch back in.
- FIXED: Connections from iPhone 3G devices no longer occasionally fail.
- FIXED: Splitting the iPad virtual keyboard no longer disables the toolbar.