July 9, 2012
The official Twitter app for iOS is expected to receive a significant update. The major update for the popular app could arrive in the “coming days,” according to 9to5Mac. First released in October 2009, the universal Twitter app was last revised in April, when it received a new design and other changes for the social network’s Discover feature. Twitter Version 4.3 includes a number of new features, including those focused on interactivity, enhanced notifications, and more. These include:
We’ll let you know when the next version of Twitter for iOS arrives. In the meantime, the current version is available for download in the App Store. Also be sure to check out our list of the Best Twitter Clients for iPhone. Our September report, Five Features to Make Twitter Apps Even Better, is also relevant. Which Twitter app do you use? Source: 9to5Mac
- More interactive Tweet view experience: content previews, videos, images and more will now be shown within tweets containing links to “partner websites.”
- Tweets about “selected events” will now be highlighted. Twitter will curate the relevant tweets and images
- In the Connect tab, autocomplete improvements will be now be present. Twitter rolled out something similar to their official website last week.
- Major push notifications enhancement: You will now be able to choose to receive push notifications when certain people tweet
- Like in Tweetbot, you will now be able to receive unobtrusive Twitter notifications while you are using the app.
- The Discover tab will now be able to alert users when new content is ready for perusal
- Personalized Trends
- You will now be able to tap a user’s avatar to be taken to their profile page
- Improved performance
- You will now be able to manually input your password when having authentication issues
- Hungarian localization
- Updated with new Twitter bird
- Many other tweaks, polish, and bug and crasher fixes