by Dom Esposito
September 19, 2012
If you’re looking for a good reason to update to iOS 6, we’ve put together a video overview to briefly explain most of the new and exciting features available in the latest release. The iOS 6 update includes some great features such as Passbook, a new Maps app, Facebook integration, and a big Siri update. Not all of the new features are available across all iOS devices. See the list below to find out which features are compatible with your device. Check out the video below for an overview of iOS 6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmSXUrps6G8 Short on time? Click the following links and watch our speedy 60 second, 30 second, or 15 second overview videos of iOS 6. Here's the compatibility list from Apple's iOS 6 page:
To begin the update process on your iOS device, go Settings > General > Software Update and follow the instructions. Once you're done, come back and share your experience. What do you think of iOS 6?
- Flyover and turn-by-turn navigation are available only on iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad 2 or later, and iPod touch (5th generation). Cellular data charges may apply.
- Siri is available on iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad (3rd generation), and iPod touch (5th generation) and requires Internet access. Cellular data charges may apply.
- FaceTime video calling requires a FaceTime-enabled device for the caller and recipient and a Wi-Fi connection. FaceTime over a cellular network requires iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, or iPad (3rd generation) with cellular data capability. Availability over a cellular network depends on carrier policies; data charges may apply.
- Offline Reading List is available on iPhone 4 or later and iPad 2 or later.
- Panorama is available on iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, and iPod touch (5th generation).