September 27, 2012
"The perfect map, made just for you." That's what Foursquare is aiming to be with the help of its most recent update, which went live a few hours ago. The latest version of the popular location-based social networking app features a new Explore tab. The new Explore tab carries a simpler design that lets you see more check-ins. This, in effect, lets you see more of what your friends have been up to on the map. New search categories are also included in the new version of Foursquare. These allow you to find interesting places even more quickly. Below are a number of new things you can do with the updated Foursquare app:
The latest version of Foursquare is available now in the App Store for free. The app is also said to be much faster, even on the newly released iOS 6, thanks to some behind-the-scenes enhancements. And, unsurprisingly, the app is now optimized for the taller screen of the also newly released iPhone 5. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Instantly see friends and top suggestions nearby
- Search for a specific place, like "Joe's Diner"
- Search for whatever you're craving, like "Mexican" or "nachos"
- Try our new search categories! See only places you've saved to your lists, places you haven't been to, places you have been to, or places friends have been.
- As always, get directions, menus, hours, photos, tips and more.