February 27, 2013
Felix for App.net has just been updated with a number of improvements. Most notably, the new version of the popular App.net client allows you to send posts to Instapaper, Pocket, or Readability for archiving. To do so, just tap and hold a post when it's in a table or tap the export button when in single-post view. You can now also report posts as spam in the newly updated Felix, effectively muting the spamming author. But while this function is of great use in any Twitter client, Felix developer tigerbears notes, "It's unlikely you'll find this feature necessary, but it's there if you need it." The new version of the app also carries the following improvements:
Optimized for iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 6.0 or later, Felix for App.net is available in the App Store $4.99. Felix was declared as the winner in AppAdvice's App Showdown of App.net clients. It won over two other popular apps, namely, Netbot and Rivr. But win or lose, Felix and the other apps of its kind are likely to benefit from App.net's recently introduced freemium tier.
- Ways to contact support are now more prominent within the app.
- Improved stream marker retention and responsiveness.
- Error messages on certain operations are now more detailed.
- The list of message channels updates faster.
- Fixed a bug where editing a post before an embedded link could mis-adjust the embedded link's range.
- Other miscellaneous little bits to help pave the way for a bright future for everyone.