February 16, 2013
Fleksy, the "fleksyble" predictive text input app for iOS, has received another accessibility-enhancing update. The latest update to the app offers new gestures, a new menu, increased accuracy, and then some. Check out the list below for the specifics of the update:
If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. In addition to the above, a new option labeled "Fleksy in other apps?" is included in the update. Essentially, what this does is offer you a couple of ways by which you can help pave the way for Fleksy's native integration on iOS. One, you can send a sample email to Apple, addressed specifically to Apple CEO Tim Cook and Apple's accessibility team. And two, you can leave an appreciative review for Fleksy in the App Store. Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 5.1 or later, the latest version of Fleksy is available now in the App Store for free. Oh, and one more thing … the app is now completely free. You see, Fleksy previously offered an in-app purchase worth $4.99 that unlocks support for adding contact favorites as well as copying, emailing, and tweeting text directly from the app. That in-app purchase option is no more. Now, all of the features in this accessibility app are accessible for free. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Introducing new gestures: Swipe Up with Two fingers to invoke the menu. Swipe Down with Two fingers for a New Line.
- Revamped the menu! New Items, new order. Let us know what you think.
- Increased accuracy in all devices. Especially in smaller words.
- Snappier, faster, more responsive Fleksy. VoiceOver will now keep up.
- Added a follow @fleksy button.
- Updated Instructions with even more details.
- Bug Squashed: Messaging bug. Tap Tap Swipe, Menu, Favorite, Send. Done. No more throwbacks. Shout out to all our beautiful testers.
Fleksy - Happy Typing