You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Bryan M. Wolfe
| March 20, 2013
Picturelife Will Collect All Of Your Life's Moments
For folks still looking for a photo backup solution, say hello to Picturelife. Available for Mac and iOS, the service stores all of your photos securely and privately, so you don’t have to. Regardless of platform, the first time you start Picturelife, you’ll be asked to upload photos. This process, which naturally takes longer depending on the number of photos you have, is seamless and happens in the background. Better still, PictureLife works with multiple services. In addition to your computer’s hard drive, photos can be imported from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr, Dropbox, Tumblr, Foursquare, and SmugMug. At the start, users are given 5GB of free storage. For $7 a month or $70 a year, that number increases to 100GB. For $15 a month or $150 a year, users received 300GB of storage. When I signed up for the service online, I received an additional 100MB of storage, which was a nice touch. [caption id="attachment_394483" align="aligncenter" width="480"] Picturelife for iPad[/caption] Full features include:
Picturelife reminds me of ThisLife, which arrived on the scene in 2012. That service, however, was purchased by Shutterfly in January. As a result, the ThisLife app was temporarily pulled from the App Store. You can download Picturelife for iOS here, and for the Mac via their website. A Windows version is coming soon.
- Safely backup all the pictures you take directly to Picturelife’s secure servers, even pictures from Facebook, Flickr, Instagram and more
- Access all the photos in your entire photo library directly from your iOS device, organized automatically and laid out beautifully
- View your photos as events on a timeline or calendar (for devices running iOS 6 only)
- Share your pictures with family and friends, even if they don’t use Picturelife
- Add great photo effects to any picture (requires iPhone 4S or newer, iPad 2 or newer, 5th generation iPod Touch or newer)